× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNas Duo v2 - Installation & Setup

HERBIEO
Aspirant

Re: ReadyNas Duo v2 - Installation & Setup

If you hover your mouse pointer over the disk status led in Raidar it will tell you if its sleeping.

Edit: have you mapped a network drive to it that could be stopping it from sleeping, eg: virus program accessing it.
Message 26 of 30
rozel
Aspirant

Thank you - I know that the disks are not sleeping as a. the disk LED flashes occasionally and b I can hear and feel the disks spinning.

As mdgm suggested, I have mapped the the two separate drives c and d in Windows 7 and can confirm my virus program isn't accessing them

I will disconnect the ethernet cable temporarily to see what happens.

Roz
Message 27 of 30
rozel
Aspirant

Nope - the ReadyNas's LED is still blinking every 10/15 seconds or so with or without it being connected to my network. RAIDar isn't showing any disk activity by the system itself.

Any more thoughts?

Roz
Message 28 of 30
rozel
Aspirant

I seem to have sorted it by restarting the unit 🙂

Roz
Message 29 of 30
gibxxi
Guide

The ST3000DM001 has a bug in it's release firmware where the drive constantly attempts to park the drive heads about once every 30 seconds to a minute. And it's performance with this release firmware is woeful at times. The CC4H firmware totally fixes both these issues with this drive as far as I can tell on the one I have.

This will however require connection of said drives to your PC to update them via the Firmware updater tool. If you can power down the NAS normally (i.e: via Frontview, or the double tap on the front panel button), you should be able to update the firmware on the drives and put them back in the NAS with no ill effects, and syncing speed should be improved. But I would backup your data in case a factory reset is required later on.

EDIT: Also make sure the drives are replaced in the NAS after updating, in the SAME bays from which they were removed.
Message 30 of 30
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 29 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements