× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNas Duo v2 - how to set up 2 drives displayed as 1 vol

yourmajesty
Aspirant

ReadyNas Duo v2 - how to set up 2 drives displayed as 1 vol

Hi,

i´m trying to setup my nas to use my 2 500gb drives but to display only one 1000gb drive.

is that possible? as far as i read on the Internet: no

the first disk ist used as "unprotected" space - if another disk is added the nas becomes a raid1 device - so the disks are mirrored.
on my 2bay nas i cant add a third drive, which should then increase the space.

how do i have to Setup my nas to Display my 2 drives as one volume - if possible?

Flex-raid with the selection "JBOD" gives me 2 Raid0 drives....that´s also not the solution!

thx in advance!
tom
Message 1 of 3
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNas Duo v2 - how to set up 2 drives displayed as 1

You can select RAID 0 via flex-raid. You need to do that in initial setup, you cannot do it after you've set up the first drive.

BTW, this mode is fragile. When either drive fails you lose the entire volume. JBOD is safer, since losing a drive only costs you the data on that drive. So you need to take that into account with your overall backup plan.
Message 2 of 3
RX
Luminary
Luminary

Re: ReadyNas Duo v2 - how to set up 2 drives displayed as 1

yourmajesty wrote:
Hi,

i´m trying to setup my nas to use my 2 500gb drives but to display only one 1000gb drive.

is that possible? as far as i read on the Internet: no

the first disk ist used as "unprotected" space - if another disk is added the nas becomes a raid1 device - so the disks are mirrored.
on my 2bay nas i cant add a third drive, which should then increase the space.

how do i have to Setup my nas to Display my 2 drives as one volume - if possible?

Flex-raid with the selection "JBOD" gives me 2 Raid0 drives....that´s also not the solution!

thx in advance!
tom

Related post: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=79249
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements