× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNas NV Issue

c340pilot
Aspirant

ReadyNas NV Issue

I have owned my ReadyNas NV for several years and it has given me good service except for a noisy fan that I replaced a couple years ago. Over the past few days, I had to break my office down for painting. I shut down my ReadyNas from the Raidar software as I normally do. I moved the unit 25 feet where it sat on a table for a couple days. No one has touched it, it hasn't been jostled, etc. It is in the same exact condition it was in when it was running. I moved it back in my office, plugged it in and now it won't turn on.

Do you think it is a power supply? Is there a way I can test that? I'm getting nothing when I push the button. Even if I hold the button in for 10-15 seconds.

I have pulled all the drives out and re-installed them. I currently have disassembled the case and have the power supply detached (but still connected). I've vacuumed all the dust out and can't see any obvious issues with it.

Please help!

TIA.
Message 1 of 5
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Is the memory properly seated?

I guess it's possible, though unlikely there could be an issue with the battery.

PSU sounds like the most likely cause

What RAID level were you using?
Message 2 of 5
c340pilot
Aspirant

I'm using X-RAID

I removed and re-seated the memory. Regarding the battery, with all the panels off, the PSU removed, I don't see it, so I guess it is somewhere inside the case? Do you think it is worth further dis-assembly to replace the battery? The unit did sit unplugged for a little more than 24 hours.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!
Message 3 of 5
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

I think the PSU would almost certainly be the issue here.
Message 4 of 5
c340pilot
Aspirant

I would like to buy a replacement PSU, but for some reason my unit doesn't have a serial # on the back plate so when I try to contact support to order a part, I can't get through. Can you help me order a PSU?
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements