× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNas NV+ V2 - Cannot login

Richard1234
Aspirant

ReadyNas NV+ V2 - Cannot login

Hi,

I cannot login. I cannot reset my details. It has become extremely difficult for what is meant to be an easily accessible device! I've been running it for years for backups without issue.

I am trying to link it to readycloud, but it cannot "see" my device. So I go to raidar, and it takes me to the IP address control panel. Requests a username and password.

I cannot login. What can you do at this point? I tried your-nas-ip-address/password_recover but it requests my favourite film, no idea what on earth I would have put for that some years ago (a bad quesiton IMO). 

I tried:

admin: "admin", "my readynas cloud login username"

password: "blank", "password", "infrant1", "netgear1" etc

Any ideas? I am pretty lost atm..

Thanks,

Richard

Message 1 of 14
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Richard1234,

Welcome to the community!

ReadyCloud is designed for ReadyNAS OS6 only. ReadyNAS legacy units can use ReadyNAS Remote instead.

For accessing the admin page, default login is admin for username and password for password. If the default does not work, you can use https://< ReadyNAS_IP_address>/password_recovery, if this still does not work, OS reinstall can be done. See article I lost the administrator password for my Duo v2 or NV+ v2; how can I recover it?

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Message 2 of 14
Richard1234
Aspirant

Thanks for your help JennC. I think OS reinstall is the only way forward. Will my data be safe with this operation?

Message 3 of 14
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Richard1234,

Yes, data is safe as long as you follow steps correctly 🙂

OS reinstall. Reinstalls the firmware from the internal flash to the disks. Use the OS reinstall boot mode when the system crashes and corrupts some configuration files. OS reinstall boot mode also resets some settings on your system, such as Internet protocol settings and the administrator password, to defaults.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/20853/~/how-do-i-access-the-boot-menu-on-my-readynas-n...

This is NV+ v2 right? May I ask what is the FW version to make sure?

Regards,

Message 4 of 14
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

The boot menu is very different for the NV+ v1 and v2, so it is important we verify which you have before you proceed to do the OS Re-install. There is a lengthy article on this here: http://www.rnasguide.com/2012/01/09/how-to-tell-whether-i-have-a-duo-v1-or-duo-v2-or-nv-v1-or-nv-v2/

Message 5 of 14
bababa3216
Aspirant

[url=https://www.sbobet168.com/sbobet89/][color=#FFFFFF]sbobet89[/color][/url]

I think OS reinstall is the only way forward. 

Message 6 of 14
bababa3216
Aspirant

ReadyCloud is designed for ReadyNAS OS6 only.

sbobet89

Message 7 of 14
Richard1234
Aspirant

Hi Jen,

Thanks for that. As I've been unable to login etc it's stuck on what I assume is quite an old firmware. I am a bit lost with finding the firmware version now.. only RAIDar is workable, everything else requires login. How do I find out which firmware it is currently on without being able to login?

Thanks for your assistance! 

Message 8 of 14
Richard1234
Aspirant

Thanks for your help mdgm. Under RAIDar the collumn under "model" reads: ReadyNAS NV+ v2. This is also what it says on the front of the machine. It is 4 bay with 3 bays occupied. 

Message 9 of 14
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

The firmware version would show in RAIDar if the system has completed booting. If you are using RAIDar 4.3.8 (or older) it would show under the Info (far right) column.

Message 10 of 14
StephenB
Guru

@Richard1234 wrote:

Hi Jen,

Thanks for that. As I've been unable to login etc it's stuck on what I assume is quite an old firmware. I am a bit lost with finding the firmware version now.. only RAIDar is workable, everything else requires login. How do I find out which firmware it is currently on without being able to login?

Thanks for your assistance! 

RAIDar should be telling you the firmware version (5.x.x)

Message 11 of 14
Richard1234
Aspirant

Oh sorry, my mistake, it is slightly confusing for a novice. It just has an "i" symbol. Perhaps writing firmware would have been more useful! It is firmware 5.3.8. Bad or good?

Message 12 of 14
StephenB
Guru

5.3.8 was released May 2013.  5.3.11 is the most recent firmware, it was released Oct 2014.  After you get the log-in sorted, you might want to update it.

You clearly do have a v2, so Jenn's link is the right one for the OS install ( http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/20853/~/how-do-i-access-the-boot-menu-on-my-readynas-n... ).

After the procedure, the admin password will be reset to "password".  The IP address configuration is also reset to dhcp/automatic, so if you are using a static IP address you'll need to reconfigure it.  (Or better still, switch to address reservation in your router).

The rest of your configuration should remain intact (along with the data).  Though its always wise to update your backup of the data first.

Message 13 of 14
Richard1234
Aspirant

Great, I will give that a go later when I get back. Thank you all for your help 🐵

Message 14 of 14
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements