× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNas Ultra 4 Plus unresponsive after few days #18913593

mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNas Ultra 4 Plus unresponsive after few days #18913

You'll need to put the disks in a computer. Depending on how many SATA ports you have in the PC and how accessible they are you may wish to do it one by one. Good news for you is that you can update the firmware on the disk using the link I gave above.
Message 26 of 28
martinb1
Aspirant

Now I've finally updated the firmware of the discs (Seagate Barracuda from cc3c to cc3d) and was happy until now when the same problem occured once again... Guess I'll have to contact the support.
Message 27 of 28
tfierens1
Aspirant

Hi,

I've got a readynas ultra 6 and I get exactly the same problem. It only started after upgrading one of the latest firmware... Can't remember which one (18,19?) but it didn't use to happen originally. My NAS is totally unresponsive i.e. can't access via windows explorer, can't ping, pressing the power button does nothing instead of displaying IP, etc.. on digital screen!!

This has been going on for months now and I can't afford to whipe the drives as I don't have a hard drive big enough to back it up to, not to mention it would take forever.

One thing I did mention on another thread which I've noticed is that this seems to happen when either copying a large file to it or accessing a large file from it. Very strange!!

Only option is to reboot by pressing the power button for 3+ seconds!!

Someone mentioned firmware for hard drives... I'll go find out what mine is but note that these hard drives came with the machine (3X2TB), so I'm assuming these are compatible as they came factory build I guess! The hard drives are SAMSUNG HD204UI [1863 GB].

Assuming I can find firmware, can anyone tell me what should I be looking for, where and how to install it?

I installed the latest firmware from netgear (4.2.22), but this problem still isn't resolved!!

Any help or update from anyone would be great! I'd love to be able to resolve this once and for all!
Message 28 of 28
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 27 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements