× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNas102 intermittently uncontactable

Richeroo
Aspirant

ReadyNas102 intermittently uncontactable

My ReadyNas has developed a problem whereby it becomes uncontactable by any device on my home network - PC, MAC, SONOS, TV, Phone... all of them. The NAS is visible on the home network as i can ping it (the IP is allocated from DHCP) and see it in the attached devices from the Router, and this never fails. If i attempt to login via a web browser interface i am presented with the login credentials (which i input), and then it will attempt to login but will eventually timeout.

Viewed from the other devices, the NAS it just disappears from the network. It can disappear for a day then come back the next day and i cannot find any indication of what is triggering it. I have done restarts of the NAS and other devices including the Wifi Router but intermittency remains.

Any suggestions for further investigation or diagnosis ? 

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2- Bay
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNas102 intermittently uncontactable

@Richeroo wrote:

The NAS always responds to ping and is totally stable on the front as i've had a continuous ping running for long periods when it has been inaccessible by the conventional means.

That's good to know.

What services do you have running on the NAS?  It's possible that it is running out of memory.

It'd also be good to look at the disk health (disk-info.log  has some information there).

If you have ssh enabled, you could leave up an ssh session.  If it stays active when the system goes unresponsive, you can get more information on what is happening.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

What firmware are you running?

I suggest asking the mods if they are willing to analyze your log zip file.  To do this you'd

1. download the full log zip from the NAS (web ui logs page).
  2. upload that zip to cloud storage (dropbox, google drive, etc)
  3. sent a private message (PM) to @JohnCM_S and/or @Marc_V asking them to analyze them.  Use the envelope icon in the upper right of the forum page.
  4. include a download link to your logs and a link to this forum thread in your PM.

Don't post the link to your log zip publicly.

Message 2 of 6
Richeroo
Aspirant

Current firmware is version 6.10.4.
I will pull off the logs. Thanks.
Message 3 of 6
StephenB
Guru

Also, I suggest pinging the NAS the next time the problem occurs, and see if it responds to that.

Message 4 of 6
Richeroo
Aspirant

The NAS always responds to ping and is totally stable on the front as i've had a continuous ping running for long periods when it has been inaccessible by the conventional means.

Message 5 of 6
StephenB
Guru

@Richeroo wrote:

That's good to know.

What services do you have running on the NAS?  It's possible that it is running out of memory.

It'd also be good to look at the disk health (disk-info.log  has some information there).

If you have ssh enabled, you could leave up an ssh session.  If it stays active when the system goes unresponsive, you can get more information on what is happening.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements