× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNas104 does not Stream M4a and other formats

Argus
Aspirant

ReadyNas104 does not Stream M4a and other formats

I have a Readynas 104 and i cannot stream M4a to my Marantz Bleu Ray.
According tot the specs of the Marantz it is able to play M4a. I am very disapointed i bought the Nas to stream lossles music.
Message 1 of 12
vandermerwe
Master

I don't think your problem is related to a deficiency of the readynas.
Perhaps you could post more details of your setup and what is happening or not happening?
Message 2 of 12
StephenB
Guru

Are your m4a purchased from itunes? If they are protected by apple DRM, then they certainly cannot be played except on an apple device.

IF they are not purchased from itunes, then please post the Marantz model number, etc.
Message 3 of 12
Argus
Aspirant

The player is a Marantz UD7006. I checked en rechecked some things, and the ReadyNas will play M4a's but not all of them. I don't understand why because they are not purchased in itunes but from cd's. flacs are not recognised. When I stream these files to the Marantz from my Macbook (with Playback) I have no problems.
Message 4 of 12
StephenB
Guru

Do you have access to another DLNA player you could try?
Message 5 of 12
Argus
Aspirant

sorry, no except AppleTV, I will try this, I am going to delete the file from my laptop and import the cd again. (maybe it was imported via itunes Match) then I tranfer the files to the ReadyNas and try again.
Message 6 of 12
StephenB
Guru

AppleTV is not DLNA (unless you have jailbroken it). iTunes Match is supposed to provide DRM-free, unless you have a DRM version already in your library.

If you are thinking that there might be DRM, you should probably download a non-apple player like VLC, and try using that to play the files directly (http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-macosx.html)
Message 7 of 12
StephenB
Guru

Another test (which I think will work) is to put your files on a USB thumb drive, and confirm that the Marantz can play them. Be sure to include at least one file that works with ReadyDLNA->Marantz.
Message 8 of 12
Argus
Aspirant

The test I propose will not work, i deleted all music from the readings, and oplaadde new files; it multiplied my problems. something is very wrong now, There are bout music 15 files now on the Readynas but according to the DLNA server on the Maratnz there are 1500!!
Message 9 of 12
Argus
Aspirant

Tried the USB stick the Marantz won't play m4a. Exit Marantz as player. Any advice?
Message 10 of 12
StephenB
Guru

I would try vlc as well, to make sure there is no DRM. Maybe also rename the files to have an mp4 extension, and see if that helps the Marantz.

On the ReadyDLNA 1500 file issues, try clicking on ReadyDLNA on the systems setting page, and select "rescan".
Message 11 of 12
Argus
Aspirant

Tried VLC worked allright, so no DRM.
Rescanning did not help. 1500 music files.
Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements