× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNasDuov2 Not Seen By Network

rozel
Aspirant

ReadyNasDuov2 Not Seen By Network

Hi

Just upgraded my internet with a new provider which has meant installing a new Router.

Previously the ReadyNas had a fixed IP but this is not being picked up by the network via my PC or Network Media Player.

Radar (latest version) is seeing it correctly but when trying to get into radiator the connection times out.

Can someone help please? I have too much on the server to risk factory resetting 😞

Maybe a mini laptop would assist?

TIA
Message 1 of 7
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNasDuov2 Not Seen By Network

Was the fixed I.P. assigned by the router or set in the Dashboard?

Try an OS Re-install (will reset some network settings and the admin password but leave data intact).
Message 2 of 7
rozel
Aspirant

It was fixed in dasboard (Radiator?) - I was using a Netgear WNR3500 Router but I am finding the BT Home Hub 4 better.

Could you point me to a link which will explain how to do an os re-install please? I am using a Duo v2.

Cannot understand why the Home Hub doesn't see it - Will an os re-install preserve my add-ons and user priviledges? All my family can log on to the server (or at least they could) ?
Message 3 of 7
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Message 4 of 7
rozel
Aspirant

Thanks for your speedy response 🙂

I just updated my post as you replied lol!

Will connecting it to my laptop on its own enable me to see what is going on? Maybe perhaps by changing the IP to dynamic?

Just a thought?
Message 5 of 7
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

You could try a direct-connection, yes.
Message 6 of 7
rozel
Aspirant

Well connecting my laptop didn't work so I did an os re-install as you suggested - worked a treat!

Thank you 🙂 🙂 🙂

Since revisiting my settings the gateway was wrong as were the DNS settings. I shall leave things on automatic and see if there will be any conflicts with my devices.

Again thank you for your speedy responses - much appreciated.
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements