× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Readynas 516 will not power on

funglenn
Luminary

Readynas 516 will not power on

My unit has been working great for about 6 months.  Today it shut off and will not turn back on.  I thought perhaps it was a powersupply issue, however the green light on the eithernet port blinks green when i hit the power button.   However the unit itself does nothing, no beeps, no fans, no noise.

Yikes!!!!!!! anyone have any thoughts? can the power supply be sort of dead? would the motherboard be the cause?

Model: RN51600|ReadyNAS 516 6-Bay
Message 1 of 5
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Readynas 516 will not power on

You should contact support.

Message 2 of 5
funglenn
Luminary

yes, as this thing was a gift from a relative who has passed I am stuck and looks like I am out of support options, even if registered under 4 months ago.... I never thought to ask for a receipt from him.  

Sadly it seems motherboard failure.  The heatsink net to the CPU sink seems to have come loose on one end and the chips underneith smell fried. 

What angers me is it seems netgear will NOT even sell me the motherboard--I seem to be out the whole unit. That is rediculous, why register a product if I cannot even buy help?? This was my 3rd netgear ReadyNAS (i have been upgrading since they are great proucts and i have been a long time supporter, but this may be my last product.  This thing costs over 1k (I do know the price)  and to get no help when you literally offer to pay out of pocket is unacceptable.  

I cannot even find the FOXCONN motherboard online to buy seperately.   I am definitely looking at WD and others.  

Great product but rediculous!!!!!

Message 3 of 5
funglenn
Luminary

does anyone know of a motherboard that may fit and maybe just maybe use the 6 bay array connector on the Netgear motherboard? 

Message 4 of 5
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

We don't sell replacement motherboards.

Support does need a Proof of Purchase to verify warranty entitlement.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements