× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Readynas 526 av failed update

dunkens
Apprentice

Readynas 526 av failed update

For the past week im getting :

ntivirus scanner definition file update failed due to download failure. Check your Internet connection.

Connection is working just fine , any clues whats happend ?

Model: RN526X|ReadyNAS 526X – 6 Bays with up to 60TB total storage
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: Readynas 526 av failed update

@dunkens wrote:

any clues whats happend ?

ClamAV deprecated the version running in OS 6.10.5.

6.10.6 was released yesterday, you can download it manually here: https://www.netgear.com/support/product/ReadyNAS_OS_6.aspx#docs

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

@dunkens wrote:

any clues whats happend ?

ClamAV deprecated the version running in OS 6.10.5.

6.10.6 was released yesterday, you can download it manually here: https://www.netgear.com/support/product/ReadyNAS_OS_6.aspx#docs

Message 2 of 8
dunkens
Apprentice

Thnks for a quick response to the problem 🙂

Problem solved !

Message 3 of 8
BGillander
Aspirant

Thank you so much for the direction to 6.10.6!

The NAS self-update function tells me it is up to date at 6.10.5, and a reboot didn't change that, so I didn't think to check for a manual update.  Maybe I'm blind and missed some note about the error, but if not, is there a place we can give feedback to Netgear that if a ClamAV deprecation causes error messages to start being thrown, it would be nice if they put a note for the reason in the alerts section of their support page (assuming they can't get the new OS version rolled out to the self-update feature before the deprecation occurs, which would be even better!)   It's not like I usually feel a huge need to upgrade to the newest OS right away, but when error messages suddenly start popping up I'd like to think I'm not the only one that finds it a bit concerning.

Thanks again for your wonderful support!

Model: RN21400|ReadyNAS 214 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 4 of 8
aniraghome
Tutor

Not sure what i did wrong. I tried to update 6.10.6 manually and i got an error invalid server error. I unzipped and yried to upload iso file. I have a rn314 currently on 6.10.5 hotfix. I tried to mount the iso file and got a message file is corrupt.
Message 5 of 8
Sandshark
Sensei

It's not a .iso file.  The .img used here is not the same as a Windows .img file.  It cannot be mounted on a PC.  You must upload the .img file to the NAS, not the zipped version.

What browser are you using?  The server error is one that has caused problems in the past, and switching to another browser is often a quick way around it.

Message 6 of 8
aniraghome
Tutor

Yes i unzipped and tried to upload the image file. I ise firefox i will try chrome and edge
Message 7 of 8
aniraghome
Tutor

I tried updating v 6.10.6 via chrome got tje se error as firefox then tried edge and that updated without error and now the av definitions also updated without errors.
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements