× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Readynas 6 ultra plus cannot log in.

bolter
Aspirant

Readynas 6 ultra plus cannot log in.

My Readynas Will Not Let Me Login And Very Slow To Reboot. It Is Running OS6. I'm Wondering Wether I Can Remove The HDDs And Reset The Box Then Replace Them Back In, Keeping The Contents.

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
bolter
Aspirant

Re: Readynas 6 ultra plus cannot log in.

Factory Reset Nas And Then Re-Installed OS 6.10.7 and Now All Is Good

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

@bolter wrote:

I'm Wondering Wether I Can Remove The HDDs And Reset The Box Then Replace Them Back In, Keeping The Contents.

No, that won't work. The system software is installed on the disks and the system boots from the disks.

@bolter wrote:

My Readynas Will Not Let Me Login And Very Slow To Reboot.

This might actually be caused by a failing disk.  If you can access the shares then I suggest copying off as much data as you can.  I suggest avoiding rebooting the NAS as that could trigger data loss.

You can also try installing RAIDar on a PC, and see if that will let you grab the diagnostics. https://kb.netgear.com/20684/ReadyNAS-Downloads

Message 2 of 6
bolter
Aspirant

I Have RAIDar Installed, But It Will Not Except My Password. I Can Access Most Of The Files Via Windows File Explorer, So Will Have To Find Enough HDDs To Take Files Off And Then Reset Box. Currently The Box Is Trying To Reboot And Is Stuck At 99% And Has Been For 2 Hours.

Message 3 of 6
StephenB
Guru

What firmware are you running?  OS 4.2 or OS 6?

Message 4 of 6
bolter
Aspirant

Os 6.10.7
Message 5 of 6
bolter
Aspirant

Factory Reset Nas And Then Re-Installed OS 6.10.7 and Now All Is Good

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements