× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Readynas Duo and Twonky

iburnell1
Aspirant

Readynas Duo and Twonky

I have a readyNas duo and have ripped my CDs to Flac using DBPoweramp. Having purchased an iPad I'm using the app for Naim audio to play tunes from the NAS. It works ok but doesn't display the album artwork. I put an article in the Naim forum and someone suggested I need Twonky on the Duo for this to work

Can someone explain what this is and what it does ?. Do you install it on a PC or can it be applied directly to the nas ?

Thanks
Message 1 of 6
mckott
Aspirant

Re: Readynas Duo and Twonky

Hi Iburnell,

you can use Twonky as a Media Server. For the Duo you can find it as AddOn in this Forum. I use the 5.15 Version of Twonky and it works fine. You install the AddOn on your Duo and can test it for 30 Days it´s a trial version.

Bye McKott
Message 2 of 6
bbaraniec
Luminary

I'm gonna recommend Squeezebox Server. Running SBS on my Nas and streamin music to: hardware player (SB Duet), Software Player (over WAN too), iPhone over WiFi and 3G and iPad over Wifi and 3G. There is free app for iPhone which also works with iPad, but if you want more control from iPad would you have to go and buy an app for 2,99$ or something.
If you ever decide to expand your stereo system, you can get one of the SB players and within minutes you are ready to go 😉
The only pain, is upgrading SB Server. You need to follow the instructions and stay away from betas 🙂
Other than that in my personal opinion SBS is best way to stream your music.
Message 3 of 6
iburnell1
Aspirant

Can you expand how you actually install it on the NAS - is it an option on the NAS menu itself to add the "addon"

thanks
Message 4 of 6
bbaraniec
Luminary

If you haven't removed it, then it should be already installed under Services->Streaming Services just enable it.
For the latest version you can get if from: http://www.mysqueezebox.com/download
While upgrading ALWAYS follow manual, because upgrading SBS is a bit pain. Further more you should read about 7.6.0 which is the latest version and apparently it's buggy.
And finally I do recommend not to install upgrades just after release. Thou if you decide to do that anyway, make sure you have installation package of previous version.
Message 5 of 6
iburnell1
Aspirant

Actually I meant the twonky from the other reply
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements