× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Readynas NV+ V2 - Expansion of drive not recognised

wlam78
Follower

Readynas NV+ V2 - Expansion of drive not recognised

I am newbie to this forum and to the readynas product (NV+ V2, however NASs in general) so forgive me if I sound stupid or dont make sense.

Spec:
ReadyNAS NV+ V2
RAIDiator 5.3.4
XRAID2
I am using the NAS in a home environment

Background
About a month ago I purchased a Readynas NV+ V2 and I have had nothing but problems (this is probably due to my ignorance).
I orginally installed 4x 1TB drives and all was going well however I developed problem [1]

Problem [1] - Spinning down problems - If the NAS is not used for long periods the NAS spins down and disk 2 reports a failure. If I reboot everything is okay. I am hoping the new firmware will solve this. (fingers crossed)

I then filled up the NAS with data quickly and needed to expand the NAS so I went out and purchased 4x 2TB drives. I replace each drive one at a time with unformatted drives, between swap the NAS would resync. As there are no options within the RAIDiator web interface to select, change or amend, I assumed you simply swap out the drives one at a time and the XRaid2 will sort itself out.

I am now at a point where I have swapped out each drive.

Orginally with 4x 1TB drives it reported 2.7tb available which is about right (1 TB for redundancy) and each drive reporting about 900mb of usable space. However I have now swapped out every drive and the available space the NAS is reporting is still 2.7tb. It has not expanded at all.

Problem [2] - After swapping out the 1tb drives one at a time with 2tb drives the NAS has not expanded. It is still showing 2.7tb available when I should have around 5.7tb Shouldnt I ????

Problem [3] - File permissions which I have looked on the forum and loads of people are having the same problem so I wont relist.

I purchased the readynas because of the xRAID2 functionallity, but the functionallity described on the website is not what I am experiencing. It should have been a case of just swapping out the drives, so I thought...!!! The new RAIDiator 5.3.4 is really basic compared to the NV+ [4.?.?] web interface. Why has Netgear dumbed it down. I find that it a really crude interface for something that should demand the detail.

Can anyone help please as I am at my wits end after spending so much money, time and effort.

Thanks in advance
Message 1 of 2
Jedi_Knight
Tutor

Re: Readynas NV+ V2 - Expansion of drive not recognised

Please contact tech support and provide them with your system logs zip file.
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements