× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Readynas Stuck in Booting...

steveoelliott
Luminary

Readynas Stuck in Booting...

Hi,

As requested started a new thread...

My box is stuck in the booting state and always takes at least 4-5 hours to boot. I've tried all the options. USB and TFTP updates etc and I've now got a case with the 3rd level engineers. I can arrange remote access right away.

Thanks...
Message 1 of 32
Dooku1
Aspirant

Can you please download the logs and send them to me with attention to Dooku and a link to this thread.

Message 2 of 32
steveoelliott
Luminary

OK that will be in around 3 hours in that case. I assume you just mean go to the logs page and click download logs and send them onto you.
Message 3 of 32
Dooku1
Aspirant

That is correct use the download all logs link.
Message 4 of 32
steveoelliott
Luminary

Ok thanks, I will try and get these later. The last time the box came up the web interface was really slow and didn't display the content inside the frames. This was after using the reset 5 seconds firmware installation. Therefore I'm not sure if I will have difficulty getting the logs but I shall certainly try. Hopefully that won't happen this time.

I will be heading off home in around 30 mins but if in the end you deem it necessary to access this box remotely I am able to come back and sort that out. I only live 8 miles from here.
Message 5 of 32
steveoelliott
Luminary

Case Number: 8874441
Message 6 of 32
steveoelliott
Luminary

Hi,

It looks like my box isn’t going to even come up this time, after running the USB recovery process followed by the reset button procedure.

It is now just stuck in the booting… state.

Steps I’ve taken to date:

Friday
Booted box using skip vol check and this took 5 hours to come up
Sunday
Did USB recovery procedure, it again took 5 hours to come up, this time I re-installed the latest firmware using the web interface, it was already running the latest version but I said to install again anyway. Didn’t come back up so ran USB recovery procedure again and it never came up.
Monday(Today)
Booted with skip vol check and it took 5 hours to come up
Tried TFTP and USB recovery procedures and now the box is stuck in the booting… state.

The last step I took was the USB recovery procedure with skip vol check. The unit is still not coming up and is stuck in the booting state.

Thanks…
Message 7 of 32
Dooku1
Aspirant

Why are you performing a usb boot every time before booting the unit up? there should be no need in doing this every time.
Message 8 of 32
steveoelliott
Luminary

It was purely out of desperation. I'm not doing a USB boot every time. USB boot followed by normal.

At the minute I am doing a normal boot and it is stuck.
Message 9 of 32
Dooku1
Aspirant

Please check your private messages.
Message 10 of 32
steveoelliott
Luminary

I've setup as per your request.
Message 11 of 32
Dooku1
Aspirant

System should be rebooting right now might take a while to boot up. please check if the system boots up properly.
Message 12 of 32
steveoelliott
Luminary

Hi,

The system hasn't come up as yet, I'm trying to access remotely. Although as you said it may take a little while.

Thanks...
Message 13 of 32
steveoelliott
Luminary

The box didn't boot up overnight. When I came to it, it was still stuck in booting. I've power cycled it and again it is stuck in booting.

I can arrange remote access again if necessary.

Thanks...
Message 14 of 32
steveoelliott
Luminary

My box has just came up after 5 hours. I've got the logs and will be sending them to you.

Cheers...
Message 15 of 32
steveoelliott
Luminary

Just too add some additional info. I had problems with backups prior to this issue.
Message 16 of 32
steveoelliott
Luminary

I can give you remote access today. I've sent you a private message to arrange a time with you>

Cheers...
Message 17 of 32
steveoelliott
Luminary

As requested, box is in telnet mode.
Message 18 of 32
steveoelliott
Luminary

Thanks for all your help on this Dooku.

For the benefit of others, this issue turned out to be some kind of defect relating to the USB setup. Apparently this will be fixed in the next firmware.
Message 19 of 32
djmattyb
Aspirant

I am having the exact same problem. Stuck on "Booting..." How do I get my ReadyNas to boot?
Message 20 of 32
Jacob1
Aspirant

Same here. I have ReadyNAS NV+ running the latest firmware. Today I had to shutdown the box to connect a new computer. During the reboot, the device gets to this point (shown below) and sits there forever:
Booting...
C: 0.3/1.3T free

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Message 21 of 32
basurf
Aspirant

what is the solution to this?

I had to power cycle my ready nas+ and now it is stuck on booting...

I've let it sit in that state for over 10 hours.
Message 22 of 32
basurf
Aspirant

I did a USB boot recovery per the FAQ and it still has the same problem.

The power light has like a slow flash but hangs a sec when the act light blips

only had 3 drives in, and all 3 of those lights used to come up, but I booted once without drive 2 and now drive 2 light flashes

the weird thing is the LCD used to say something like the version, space, etc etc, now it just says booting, no verifying, no anything

not sure what the next step is
Message 23 of 32
basurf
Aspirant

opened a ticket with support, hopefully they will have some insight

I get 2 power blinks then an act blink, the power blink will hang sometimes until the act blinks, then it will blink twice again

I didn't see anything in the LED guide with that combo
Message 24 of 32
steveoelliott
Luminary

Hi,

I'd recommend raising a support case and sending a message to one of the guys with Star Wars names on here. Your issue may be slightly different to mine though.

I'd recommend sending a message detailing all the troubleshooting you've carried out so far, this will save time.

They may end up remote accessing your box like they did mine.

Cheers...
Message 25 of 32
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 31 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 10 in conversation
Announcements