× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Readynas nv+ ... reset battery ?

robmorris77
Aspirant

Readynas nv+ ... reset battery ?

Hi,

Hopefully someone will be able to help me with the following query ?

I have a ReadyNAS NV+ with the same problem as detailed in this thread :

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS/ReadyNAS-NV-won-t-power-on/td-p/875094/page/2

I've swapped power supplies from a known working unit without any success, so looking at the second page of that thread specifically the 3rd post on the 2nd page :

Re: ReadyNAS NV+ won't power on
Options

‎2015-03-01 09:42 PM
Well, for anyone still reading this - I figured out my issue. I found this post in (of all places) the classified section of the forum:
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=60235#p337936

I reset the battery as shown and afterwards the NV booted right up. Luckily I had only started wiping one of my 3 drives (in anticipation of selling them since I thought the NAS was dead). I managed to figure out which slots the two remaining drives went in, and the NAS is now doing a resync to get the 3rd drive back online as well.

Moral of the story: Search around before giving up entirely! Finding the above post saved me a couple hundred $.

Can someone advise me how to reset the battery if this is a possibility with this model ? as I can't access the link : viewtopic.php?f=33&t=60235#p337936

Thanks in advance

Rob

Message 1 of 6
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Readynas nv+ ... reset battery ?

Hello robmorris77,

Welcome to the community!

Please also see HOW TO RESET CMOS TIMER IN ReadyNAS NV, it is similar to NV+. That must be the one you need.

Regards,
Message 2 of 6
robmorris77
Aspirant

Thanks I'll give that a try and update the thread once I'm able to report back in a few days !

I'm probably going to buy a pair of RN314's with 4x WD RED 4TB HDD's to consolidate my handful of NV+'s so may wait to do that first so that I can ensure all my data is backed up before I play with the faulty unit further.

Thanks again

Rob

Message 3 of 6
StephenB
Guru

@JennC wrote:

Please also see HOW TO RESET CMOS TIMER IN ReadyNAS NV it is similar to NV+. That must be the one you need.

Regards,

If you can get to it, you might as well replace the battery while you are doing this (should be a CR2032 or equivalent). But from the picture that looks a bit challenging.

Message 4 of 6
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello robmorris77,

No problem. Let us know.

Regards,

Message 5 of 6
robmorris77
Aspirant

Thanks everyone, I've got a pair of RN314's on order and 10x WD Red 4TB's due by the end of next week, so hopefully will be back up and running by a week Sunday !

I've posted this thread also https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS/ReadyNAS-NV-Data-Migration/m-p/1034589#M101945

So if you lovely helpful people would be able to assist/advise further it would be most appreciated !

Rob

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements