× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Recovery of Primary Partition (Solved)

kunalraiker
Aspirant

Recovery of Primary Partition (Solved)

All,

I have tried all free recovery programs, but none of them can show me and potentially recover my folder structure.

I have a ReadyNAS DUo version 1, in a disk mirror partition, recently my NAS won't boot up, I suspect because of data reaching its size capacity.
I tried the soft reset which re-installs the firmware but that didn't help.
I want to now do a factory reset of the system but need to ensure I can copy my photos locally on the computer.
I have connected the drive using USB to my computer but don't seem to be able to recover the data.

I also tried to boot an xbuntu and try to read the drive, but the drive wouldn't mount.

Guys, I've spent 2 weeks and am a verge of deleting everything, any suggestions.
Message 1 of 11
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Recovery of Primary Partition

We you say the NAS won't boot up, do you see a light pattern? What shows up under the Info (far right) column in RAIDar?
Message 2 of 11
kunalraiker
Aspirant

mdgm wrote:
We you say the NAS won't boot up, do you see a light pattern? What shows up under the Info (far right) column in RAIDar?

It says booting, but nothing happens for over a day.

That's why I have begun the recovery by physically connecting the drive to my laptop.
Message 3 of 11
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Stuck on booting suggests there may be a bad disk. Does the NAS boot up if just one disk is installed?
Message 4 of 11
kunalraiker
Aspirant

mdgm wrote:
Stuck on booting suggests there may be a bad disk. Does the NAS boot up if just one disk is installed?

It does not boot up on either disk, byut I can see the partition names and sizes when I connect the disk to my laptop using recovery programs.
But cannot recover the data.

It would be great if only I could mount the drives.
Message 5 of 11
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

We're you using X-RAID?
Message 6 of 11
kunalraiker
Aspirant

mdgm wrote:
We're you using X-RAID?

Correct, the proprietary RAID Mirror by Netgear
Message 7 of 11
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Message 8 of 11
kunalraiker
Aspirant

mdgm wrote:
Have a read of http://home.bott.ca/webserver/?p=306

Thanks, will give that a go today 🙂
Message 9 of 11
StephenB
Guru

If you are using a windows PC, then the alternative method (using http://www.diskinternals.com/linux-reader/) is probably simplest.

Connect disk 1 of the duo to your PC (either with SATA or USB), and install linux reader.
Message 10 of 11
kunalraiker
Aspirant

StephenB wrote:
If you are using a windows PC, then the alternative method (using http://www.diskinternals.com/linux-reader/) is probably simplest.

Connect disk 1 of the duo to your PC (either with SATA or USB), and install linux reader.

Worked worked!!!! yeah, thanks
Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements