× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Rsync Attributes

UCB
Aspirant
Aspirant

Rsync Attributes

Hello there,

I have an Rsync job configured between two OS 6 devices, and I see the origin folder attributes are not transferred to the destination. Is there a way to reconfigure the job so as to conserve them (especially the access permissions), or even some third-party application that could copy them from one folder and apply them to another?

Thank you. 

Model: ReadyNAS-OS6|
Message 1 of 6
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Rsync Attributes

Hello UCB,

Have you checked if you get the same when just drag and dropping the files? What's set in the File Access settings of the share?

Regards,

Message 2 of 6
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi UCB,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance. 

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 3 of 6
UCB
Aspirant
Aspirant

My apologies for the delayed response. I have tried dragging and dropping, but the permissions are not retained. I have also specified the File Access permissions similarly (on the two devices, which both have Windows Active Directory users). Thank you.
Message 4 of 6
StephenB
Guru

Permissions are retained for me (with rsync).  I don't use AD though.

Have you checked both the source and destination with ssh?  UIDs and GUIDs are matched in the source and destination systems?

Message 5 of 6
UCB
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello. I see there are differences. I've decided to work on the permissions first, and then look at the Rsync option again. Thank you.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements