× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Rsync from Pro Pionner to NV+ broke after going to 4.2.22

ynohtna
Aspirant

Rsync from Pro Pionner to NV+ broke after going to 4.2.22

Hi There

I had for a few years now a weekly process to rsync some extra special files from my Pro Pioneer to NV+. I use the PRO to manage the backup job so it's configured on there. Both Admin acccounts are the same on both NAS's

A couple weeks ago this broke after I upgraded the Pro from 4.2.20 to 4.2.22.

I'm hoping someone here knows in detail the fimrware updates and can point out exactly what may fail. It seems to be permissions issue but I haven't changed anything except the firmware update on the PRO.

Thanks in advance for any input.
Message 1 of 4
kossboss
Guide

Re: Rsync from Pro Pionner to NV+ broke after going to 4.2.2

Please provide us the disk_usage log I want to see if your md0 got full. Also can you provide a link to the logs so we can analyze them for issues. I recommend doing an OS REinstall - the firmware doesnt have any issues with Rsync - that I have seen - The OS REinstall will not hurt your DATA or your settings ( the only settings it flips back to default are the following: Netgear Admin Password goes back to "netgear1" without the quotes, and the Interface settings go back to DHCP)
Message 2 of 4
ynohtna
Aspirant

Ok here's the back up log, I gotta figure out how to get the other log you ask for

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
INCREMENTAL Backup started. Sat Feb 16 02:05:03 PST 2013

Job: 002
Protocol: rsync
Source: [Pictures]/
Destination: 192.168.1.139::Pictures

@ERROR: access denied to Pictures from unknown (192.168.1.137)
rsync error: error starting client-server protocol (code 5) at main.c(1534) [sender=3.0.9]

Backup failed. Sat Feb 16 02:05:13 PST 2013.

Reason for failure:
Error encountered copying data from source path /Pictures/ ==> 192.168.1.139::Pictures due to unknown reason. Please see log.
Message 3 of 4
ynohtna
Aspirant

Wow time flies when you're busy.

So I had some moment to finally address the failing back up problem and I realized something did change after 4.2.22 on the Pro Pioneer.

The IP address the log is complaining about is the SECOND IP for the Pro Pioner. In the NV+ rsync share settings, only the first IP and host name was listed.

I'm not sure if it's a router issue or Pro Pioneer, but I never had a problem before. Adding the 2nd IP to the authorized host list makes everything work again. Really sounds like something with the router though...
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements