× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Running multiple Backup Jobs to external HDD

rocstat1
Aspirant

Running multiple Backup Jobs to external HDD

Hi,

I'm having an issue when running multiple backup jobs from my 516 (running 6.2.2) onto an external HDD (Seagate Wireless + 2TB). I have a large video library which unfortunately is too large to transfer completely onto this external HDD which I use when travelling for business. As a result, I have had to create a number of different backup jobs (have created one for each TV Show, one for my movies and one for my audio files) so that I can select which TV Shows I wish to include on the device when I travel. I am connecting the HDD directly into one of the rear USB 3.0 ports and have created backup jobs to take the files from a Share folder (Videos/TV Shows/Show Name) and into the same folder on the HDD. The backup jobs are linked to the specific port (Right Rear USB).

The issue I am experiencing is that if I attempt to run even 2 backup jobs onto this device then the file system on the HDD seems to become corrupt. If I run a single job, eject the HDD and run chkdsk on windows then there are no issues however if i run 2 backup jobs (even by waiting for the first to finish completely before starting the second), when I run chkdsk on the HDD the file system is currupt and both folders that were created by the jobs get removed (chkdsk claims the sectors were allocated but empty). After fixing the file system the HDD will not connect back to the ReadyNAS until i reboot the NAS.

This appears to be a problem with the ReadyNAS due to the inability to connect the HDD back after the backups have failed, has anyone else experienced this or anything similar?

Thanks in advance
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements