× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Slow communication with ReadyNAS 316

davelexky
Tutor

Slow communication with ReadyNAS 316

Recently upgraded computer and now I am having issues communicating with my ReadyNAS 316.  I also have an Ultra 6 which does not have a problem.  Previous computer was Windows 7 Ultimate, new one is Windows 7 Pro.  The ReadyNAS is mapped in my network and when I click on the drive it takes about 1 minute for the files and folders to show up.  Then when I click a folder it takes another minute before I can see the files.  The Ultra 6 does not have this problem and the folder list shows up almost instantly.  Can anyone please help with some configuration recommendations.

Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions
davelexky
Tutor

Re: Slow communication with ReadyNAS 316

I disabled the anti-virus and everything works fine.  It probably should not have been included in the OS in the first place.  Thanks for the help.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 11

All Replies
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Are you using a different firewall on the new machine? Different anti-virus?

Is the performance using your old client machine fine?

Have you made any changes on your NAS recently? Which firmware is on your NAS? Which services/apps are you running?

Message 2 of 11
davelexky
Tutor

Windows firewall is turned off.  Using Microsoft Security Essentials, just like before the change.  The performance is fine with the Ultra 6.  The ReadyNAS 316 is the only one with a problem.  Performance is not an issue for video streaming using DLNA   That is handled by my NeoTV (Netgear).  I have made a lot of changes to the model 316 trying to get it to respond better.  Currently using SMB, UPnp, http, https, SNMP, Ready DLNA, Rsync and the built in Anti-Virus.  Maybe I have too many services running?  On the Windows 7 side I am connecting with TCP/IP which appears to be the only network protocol available.  Firmware is 6.4.1

Message 3 of 11
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello davelexky,

Welcome to the community!

Please try disabling AntiVirus and see if same problem.

Regards,

Message 4 of 11
davelexky
Tutor

I disabled the anti-virus and everything works fine.  It probably should not have been included in the OS in the first place.  Thanks for the help.

Message 5 of 11
StephenB
Guru

@davelexky wrote:

The issue showed up in the field post-release.  Netgear is working it.

Message 6 of 11
dreese
Aspirant

Currently experiencing the same issue running 6.4.2.

Cannot upgrade to 6.5 due to 3rd party app dependencies
Message 7 of 11
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi dreese,

Do you have AV plus installed in your system? Try the hot fix (here) and tell us if it fixes your issue.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Communtiy Team

Message 8 of 11
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi davelexky & dreese,

We would like to know if both of you still have issues with your ReadyNAS systems. Kindly update this thread as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 9 of 11
davelexky
Tutor

The ReadyNAS works fine now that the included anti-virus is turned off.

Message 10 of 11
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi davelexky,

Great! Have you checked the page where you can download the hotfix for this issue? You can also mark this thread closed if you don't need further assistance.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements