× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Stuck in Normal Boot, Boot menu working, Read only loads OK, Volumes show OK

Cristtos
Aspirant

Stuck in Normal Boot, Boot menu working, Read only loads OK, Volumes show OK

I have a RN102 with 2x 3 YB drives in mirror

It worked OK for a few years

Now after reboot it just blincks the power LED in "loading" mode

I can ping it but RAIDar does not detect it

Using the Boot menu I can go in the mode desribed as read only in some places or bypass volume check in others.

I this modethe RAIDar detect is fine and shows as

Model ReadyNAS 102

Status  Healthy

Firmware 6.4.2

Drives: green tickes on both

If do diagnostics:

Successfully completed diagnostics System Logs

• 2015-10-28 21:35:33: ufsd: "mount" (sdc1): is mounted as NTFS+J (journal started)
  • 2015-10-23 21:03:51: ufsd: "mount" (sdc1): is mounted as NTFS+J (journal started)

In this mode I can access OK the admin page and the shares.

I also run a Scrub without any troubles (it took about 30 hours though)

I have a backup of the content but I would like, if possible, to fix this issue without reseting the array, as the data copy will take forever.

Any assistance or ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Cris

Model: RN10200|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 7
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Stuck in Normal Boot, Boot menu working, Read only loads OK, Volumes show OK

Can you send me your logs (see the Sending Logs link in my sig)?

Message 2 of 7
Cristtos
Aspirant

Logs sent. thank you so much

Cris

Message 3 of 7
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Your volume is fairly full (95%).

There is a known performance issue with the anti-virus service at the moment. Can you try disabling that under System > Settings > Services and then see if the NAS will boot normally?

If you still have the same problem try downloading the logs using RAIDar 6.1 before rebooting and send the fresh set of logs in.

Message 4 of 7
Cristtos
Aspirant

Thank you, I have tried the suggested solution

However it appears that I cannot remove or update or change in any way the AntiVirus Plus app on the appliance.

May this be because the system is in read-only mode?

I have also unassigned a SCSI partition and removed the SCSI Share to make some space on the disk.

Still no luck, on reboot the power light blinks (long) and does not go solid, even if I wainted for more than a day...

Any other ideas?

PS For a short time at reboot the system is discovarable by RAIDar but that changes after a while,

Cris

Message 5 of 7
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

I was referring to the Anti-Virus service under System > Settings > Services. Can you disable that service?

Message 6 of 7
Cristtos
Aspirant

Thank you for the clarification.

Antivirus service is not green anymore and in the System, Overview page shows red/disabled for Anitvirus.

Unfortunatelly still no luck after reboot

On a side note - the SCSI LUN I have deleted has re-appeared...

Cris

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements