× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Syncing between shares

Shad0wguy
Aspirant

Syncing between shares

We use our ReadyNAS with Egnyte, which uses SMB to access. We have a few Mac users who complain of performance issues. I created a new share accessible with AFP and performance improved substantially. I tried setting up an rsync cron job to sync the egnyte folder with the new share which worked for a while but began seeing frequent permission issues. I decided to try out ExtremeZ-IP which seemed to do a decent job of allowing the macs to access the SMB share over AFP, but the cost is prohibitive for us. I think simply syncing the egnyte share with the afp share should do the job, but I think I just don't have the right command or something. Can anyone suggest a better option that will maintain permissions when synced and will sync both ways?
Message 1 of 3
HariKrishnan
Aspirant

Hi Shad0wguy,
Unfortunately at this point, Egnyte doesn't capture events that originate over AFP. The only possible way at the moment is for these Mac users to access Egnyte share over CIFS.
Thanks,
Hari
Message 2 of 3
Shad0wguy
Aspirant

CIFS is completely unusable for our mac users. It is very slow. Egnyte should seriously consider adding AFP support.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements