× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Troubles w/ RSYNC OS6 to OS6

zero11
Tutor

Troubles w/ RSYNC OS6 to OS6

Following the steps at https://kb.netgear.com/29741/How-do-I-back-up-data-between-two-ReadyNAS-OS-6-systems-using-the-backu... I can get up to step ten, but the 'next' button does nothing (I never get to the schedule step). When I test connection, I get success, but that's the furthest I get (the end of step 9).  In my project, I'm using RSYNC for daily backups from an ancient Duo to an Ultra 4+,  (both running RAIDiator 4) and other shares from that Ultra 4+ to one of my OS6 3140's (300 series 4-bay).  My problem is setting up backups from that first 3140 to a second one. All four NAS are on the same LAN.  I was using Replicate just fine with the Ultra 4+ and two OS6 NAS, but am racing the clock to get this solved before Replicate's dies 1-January-2018.  What would make the 'next' button not respond in step 10, given a successful connection test in step 9?  

Model: RN31400|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4-Bay
Message 1 of 4
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Troubles w/ RSYNC OS6 to OS6

Replicate has been extended for another year. So you've got another 12 months than what you expected.

Which firmware are you running? Which web browser and version are you using? Have you tried a different web browser?

Message 2 of 4
zero11
Tutor

I saw the update about Replicate's end-of-life being extended to the end of 2018.  Thanks, good decision. 

Firmware on both OS6 NAS units is 6.9.1.  I am using Chrome on Linux, Version 63.0.3239.108 (Official Build) (64-bit).  I also tried Firefox (Quantum) 57.0.1 (64-bit), and got the same results.

DR is working fine between these two units, if that tells you anything.  Reiterating, rsync (a push) from the Ultra 4+ to one of the OS6 RN3140's is also working just fine. I couldn't seem to get an rsync pull from the OS6 unit, of files on the Ultra 4+.  I got this same error (not getting aformentioned step 10) whether I tried to push or pull (set up the job on one or the other) OS6 unit.

Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

@zero11 wrote:

I got this same error (not getting aformentioned step 10) whether I tried to push or pull (set up the job on one or the other) OS6 unit.

Leaving out the name of the backup job will do this (and doesn't give you any error).

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements