× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

USB device not found

Wickedflies
Aspirant

USB device not found

I'm trying to do back ups of my shares from the ready Nas. [Rn 102] When I plug in my external hdd into any of the USB ports. (The front and and the rear ones) none of them find the usb device. Am I doing something wrong is there a setting I didn't switch on? I know the ports work cause I ended up testing the ports by connecting my phone to it. It charges it. But doesn't find it as a disk.
Message 1 of 8
StephenB
Guru

Re: USB device not found

What firmware on the NAS?

What model USB drive, and how is it formatted?  Is the drive independently powered, or powered over USB?

Message 2 of 8
Wickedflies
Aspirant

The lastest firmware I believe 6.4.0.

external hdd Drive is powered over USB, and formatted in nfs.

I've tried USB sticks (flash)drives and they don't work. These flash drives as well as the external drive are both found with out any problem in all of my pcs
Message 3 of 8
Wickedflies
Aspirant

So, any idea why this could be?
Message 4 of 8
YeZ
NETGEAR Expert
NETGEAR Expert

Were the flash drive and external USB drives working in previous firmware? Is it possible to find a FAT or NTFS formatted USB drive to check? 

Message 5 of 8
Wickedflies
Aspirant

I wasn't able to check when I first set up the Nas.I just took it out the box. The first thing it did when I powered it in it asked to update. I have a external hdd drive that is formatted in nfs. It has backed up data on it already. It still doesn't find it as a disk.
Message 6 of 8
Wickedflies
Aspirant

Any solution to this? I would really like the Nas handle the copy jobs with having to go through a pc as a middle man. My pc is getting pretty old. The less time I have it on the longer the pc will last me. I've tried connecting a portable hdd with NTFS and fat and fat 32 Nothing.
Message 7 of 8
YeZ
NETGEAR Expert
NETGEAR Expert

Please email us at readycloud@netgear.com, we'll then take a look at your NAS to see what the issue is. Thank you.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements