× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Ultra 4 Problem

iceyo
Aspirant

Ultra 4 Problem

Hi !

i've had two ultra 4's running since the start of 2012 now, and they have both worked without any problems.. however yesterday during writing to one of them, the unit rebooted and now the only thing that happends when i power it up is that the blue led in the power button blinks , the fan runs at full speed and the green led in the backup switch lights up..

i have pulled the disks and tested them in the other ultra 4 , and the data is intact, but does anyone know if this is a mechanical faliure or is there some way to fix the unit that won't boot ?
Message 1 of 6
vandermerwe
Master

Did you buy it new, if so it should still be under warranty.

If you have a spare disk you could factory default the unit with the spare disk. If this works it would exclude a chassis problem.
Message 2 of 6
iceyo
Aspirant

i bought it new.. 29.04.2012.. have tried with a spare disk, but the symptoms are the same..
Message 3 of 6
vandermerwe
Master

You ought to contact netgear support them.
Message 4 of 6
iceyo
Aspirant

yeah i've got a support ticket going.. was just wondering if anyone had experienced the same before, and if so what the results where to them 🙂
Message 5 of 6
vandermerwe
Master

There may be a problem with the flash, if a factory default doesn't work then it's not worth pursuing, you will get an rma from netgear.
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements