× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Ultra 4 hibernates and locks up my computer

SixString1
Aspirant

Ultra 4 hibernates and locks up my computer

I have an Ultra 4 with 4 2TB drives, connected to my home network: Windows 7, Windows XP, Linux Mint, Linux Ubuntu, Tivos, etc.

Occasionally, the U4 will go into some kind of hibernation or something, wherein none of my devices can see it. I can't even ping it. This locks up my Ubuntu box and I have to reboot both the NAS and the computer to get them on speaking terms again. It's getting really old.

The log doesn't show anything. I have the disks set to spin down after 120 minutes, but I doubt that's the problem: this happens maybe once a week or so, sometimes during the day, but never when I'm actually using the computer. I have the Power Timer turned off. I have WakeOnLan enabled, but don't really know how to use that.

Despite the fact that about 95% of my questions on various forums never get answered, I thought I'd try asking. Thanks.
Message 1 of 4
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Ultra 4 hibernates and locks up my computer

What version of RAIDiator?

What brand and model disks?
Message 2 of 4
SixString1
Aspirant

Latest RAIDiator (4.2.2.4). Drives are 4 Hitachi GST Deskstar H3IK20003272SP. Sorry, I thought they were WD.
Message 3 of 4
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Open an Online Case (see the Online Submission link in my sig) and attach your logs zip file (Status > Logs > Download all logs) to your case.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements