× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to use RND2000

Philace
Aspirant

Unable to use RND2000

Hi, 

I'have a problem with my NAS. Since a couple of days, I can't access to my shares folder. I'have tried to access by the web (http), FTP, ect but no way.

I'tried to put the hdd on a windows desktop, but i can't have an access to the differents files. Is it possible?

I've 2 disk in mirror settings.

I've tried to do an upgrade but a message tell me that's the firmware file is not the good one 😞

Do you know a solution to have an access to my data? Reset the nas without lose my data?

Model: ReadyNAS RND2000|ReadyNAS Duo Chassis only
Message 1 of 5
StephenB
Guru

Re: Unable to use RND2000

@Philace wrote:

Since a couple of days, I can't access to my shares folder.

Are you running windows 10?

@Philace wrote: 

I've tried to do an upgrade but a message tell me that's the firmware file is not the good one 😞 

That suggests that you can reach the NAS admin web ui - is that the case?

Can you tell us what firmware the NAS is running now, and what you were trying to install?

@Philace wrote:

I'tried to put the hdd on a windows desktop, but i can't have an access to the differents files. Is it possible?

Windows doesn't understand the linux formatting, but there are some tools that can.  But I'd like to know a bit more before getting you started on offloading the files.

Message 2 of 5
Philace
Aspirant

@StephenB wrote:

@Philace wrote:

Since a couple of days, I can't access to my shares folder.

Are you running windows 10? => Yes but i've tried on ubuntu and it's the same problem

@Philace wrote: 

That suggests that you can reach the NAS admin web ui - is that the case? => that what I do (and I think that only possible by the web ui no?)

Can you tell us what firmware the NAS is running now, and what you were trying to install? => 4.1.15 and i've tried to install the 4.1.16 or reinstall 4.1.15 with the file directly download on the netgear website but i've an error 😞

@Philace wrote:

Windows doesn't understand the linux formatting, but there are some tools that can.  But I'd like to know a bit more before getting you started on offloading the files. =>I've tried with some soft like linux reader, and i've tried with a desktop under ubuntu, but it's always the same

Message 3 of 5
StephenB
Guru

You might try r-linux for windows ( https://www.r-studio.com/free-linux-recovery/ ).  If you only see the OS partition, then try using the other disk.

The procedure for ubuntu is here: http://jim-st.blogspot.com/2012/07/mouning-readynas-drives-on-x86-systems.html

If neither work, you might need RAID recovery software (either R-Studio's software or the more expensive ReclaiMe).  Both let you see what they might recover before purchase.

@Philace wrote:

Can you tell us what firmware the NAS is running now, and what you were trying to install? => 4.1.15 and i've tried to install the 4.1.16 or reinstall 4.1.15 with the file directly download on the netgear website but i've an error 😞

As you likely know, you do need to extract the image file from the zip download, and install the image file.  The system should also find the download from the "check for updates" function.

One possibility is that the OS partition on the NAS is full.  Do you have ssh enabled?

Message 4 of 5
Philace
Aspirant

Hello,

Currently i'm back some data using r-linux (thank a lot), I'm come back to you in couple of days when the back up is over. I think that the origin of my problem is that the hdd is full.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements