× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Updating RN104 Firmware

sshirley
Aspirant

Updating RN104 Firmware

Hi everyone,

My ReadyNAS 104 is current on firmware version 6.2.0 and I've been trying to update it to the latest version. All attempts at using the web client have failed (either through the auto update method and loading files). I thought I'd try to ssh into it which I can do. but I don't know the commands. 

Can anyone help?

-Sam

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
sshirley
Aspirant

Re: Updating RN104 Firmware

This was solved by MGDM. It seems 6.2.5 was on the flash but 6.2.0 was on the disks. Thanks!

View solution in original post

Model: RN10400|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 6 of 7

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Per the release notes: RN102 & RN104 systems running firmware older than 6.2.1 should first update to 6.2.5, then update from 6.2.5 to 6.6.0.

Message 2 of 7
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

After updating to 6.2.5 you will then need to use this workaround to update the firmware. This is needed just for the update from 6.2.5. Future updates would then be done the normal way.

Message 3 of 7
sshirley
Aspirant

Yes. I saw that on the website. I've been trying to update to 6.2.5. It hasn't worked via the web interface nor uploading of files. 

So I thought I'd try it via ssh. But I am unsure of the commands. I saw a few blog posts about it but they were assuming a a different collection of file rather than an .img file. 

Cany one help? Maybe even find some log files?

Message 4 of 7
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Ah.

Message 5 of 7
sshirley
Aspirant

This was solved by MGDM. It seems 6.2.5 was on the flash but 6.2.0 was on the disks. Thanks!

Message 6 of 7
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

You're welcome.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements