× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Upload to Amazon Cloud Drive is super slow

Zecaf
Guide

Upload to Amazon Cloud Drive is super slow

So, I finally managed to get Amazon Cloud Drive working, but I'm very surprised by the speed! And not in a good way!

It took 14h to upload one share that I can backup with the crappy Amazon Tool in under one hour. And the files are from the same NAS too, and I'm using an even weaker CPU in the old Mac Mini doing it. I don't expect a magic solution, I just wanted to report this problem. While the sync is very useful, this speed + the fact that we are forced to backup a whole share (no folder control) is really disappointing. 😕

Message 1 of 6
evan2
NETGEAR Expert

How many files in the share?

it need to run follwing 3 options before ACD start live syncing on NAS.

1. Starting to scan cloud drive for change,

2. Starting to index local drive.

3. Starting to sacn local drive for changes.

if there are many files in the share, it will spend much time on scan and index.

Message 2 of 6
Zecaf
Guide

A lot. And the bane of any task of that kind : a LOT of SMALL ones. 😉

But it was the 1st upload, so 14x slower is a TAD more than what I expected...  😕

Message 3 of 6
Darth_Vader
NETGEAR Expert

Hi Zecaf,

If you would like us to look into why is it so slow, please let us know. First step is sending us the logs. If the logs don't give us a clue, then we might need to access your box to figure out what's going on in there.

Message 4 of 6
Zecaf
Guide

Hello !

Should I post them here or to someone directly? The real question though is: am I the only one seeing this kind of problem?

Message 5 of 6
StephenB
Guru

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements