× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Username & Password When Accessing Files Through AiCloud

Luc717
Tutor

Username & Password When Accessing Files Through AiCloud

Hi,

I am trying to access shared files on my ReadyNAS NV (ancient, I know) via the Asus AiCloud app.

The AiCloud app allows me to access shared folders/files across my computers and network places through my Asus router. When accessing files on a computer, I need to use a Windows user and password.

To access files on the ReadyNAS, the same login prompt comes up within the AiCloud app but the admin login for the ReadyNAS does not work. I have also tried leaving it blank. I cannot see any obvious means of setting up user access on the ReadyNAS admin page and I do not have to use a login/password to access the files via Windows.

Any ideas on what username & password I need to use for this?

Thanks!
Message 1 of 3
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Username & Password When Accessing Files Through AiCloud

I use the Asus AiCloud also to access my 314 and also my Duo v2. When I set up AiCloud connected to my Asus N66U router I had to create a User name and Password for it, never had an issue connecting from my phone or tablet (both Samsung Galaxy) remotely to my NAS or any PC on my LAN.
Message 2 of 3
Luc717
Tutor

Re: Username & Password When Accessing Files Through AiCloud

Hi iSpy - interesting. When you access shared folders on a Windows PC, do you not have to enter a username and password for a user on that computer before it will let you access the folders? This is the prompt that comes up for me. The username and password I have for AiCloud is fine but that is separate to what the app is requesting here - it's requesting a login specific to the NAS, in the same way that the windows user login is specific to my PC
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements