× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Using Rsync for Strato Hidrive

gagagu
Aspirant

Using Rsync for Strato Hidrive

Hi,

i want to use the rsync protocoll to backup my readynas 2100 to strato hidrive.

I'm using the following configuration (user and foldername are replaced with <>):

Host: rsync.hidrive.strato.com

Path: /users/<my username>/<foldername>

User: <my Username>

Password: <my Password>

compression: off

delete files on target: on

fat32: off

When i will test the connection i will get the error "Unguilty path" or "incorrect path" (translated for german)

I've tested the following:

path: /users/<my username>/<foldername>  --> "Unguilty path" or "incorrect path" (translated for german)

path: users/<my username>/<foldername>  --> "error on connect to rsync.hidrive.strato.com"

path: <nothing> --> "success connection to server" but i'm not able to save the configuration without any path.

Then i will take a look into the error log i seems that the server will use a "::" instead of a ":" betweeen server and folder

see:

Auftrag: 002
Protokoll: rsync
Quelle: [c]/
Ziel: rsync.hidrive.strato.com::/users/<username>/<foldername>

ERROR: The remote path must start with a module name not a /
rsync error: error starting client-server protocol (code 5) at main.c(1534) [sender=3.0.9]

Sicherung fehlgeschlagen. Wed Jan 27 13:58:59 CET 2016.

Fehlerursache:
Fehler beim Kopieren der Daten vom Quellpfad /c/ ==> rsync.hidrive.strato.com::/users/<username>/<foldername> aufgrund unbekannter Ursachen. Sehen Sie bitte das Protokoll ein. .

Any idas? Thanks forward

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
gagagu
Aspirant

Re: Using Rsync for Strato Hidrive

Hi, i have found the issue. SSH was enabled on Hidrive and i'm without ssh atm. (for tests). It seems to work now.

Thx

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Check the source share on the 2100 and make sure that rsync is enabled for it.  Stay with  /users/<my username>/<foldername> in the path field.

Message 2 of 3
gagagu
Aspirant

Hi, i have found the issue. SSH was enabled on Hidrive and i'm without ssh atm. (for tests). It seems to work now.

Thx

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements