× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Webdav access

TonVH1
Aspirant

Webdav access

I turned on Webdav and it works for a test-user but problems for others.

The default access is set to "Read Only" since I want to block as much as possible. Next I entered a user with access. Also checked "Webdav support". For this user it works.

However there is a problem.

I want a group to have acccess (so there is no need to specify eacht single user) but when I select it from the dropdown and then press "Apply". The group has been removed.
Message 1 of 7
OOM-9
NETGEAR Expert

I found the wording on the HTTP is a little "off".

The default access will be "everyone", so when you set that to "Ready Only" everyone will have access. The "off" part is if you set permissions, the "everyone" is saying everyone in the following host/users/groups have access and not really everyone.

Example:
Everyone - "Ready Only"
Access: Everyone has access

Everyone - "Ready Only"
Group - "Accounting"
Access: Accounting has access (Everyone else should be denied.

That is what I have found in my previous testing on the security with HTTP. You may want to try it to see if I am remembering correctly.
Message 2 of 7
TonVH1
Aspirant

For starters I have switched the GUI to English instead of localized.

My problem starts because I fail to see the interaction between "Services -> HTTP" and "Shares -> HTTP". Somehow these interaffect each other and I fail to see how. In the manual I can find them both but not much real explaining there.

Can you direct me to some "HowTo" on this subject?
Message 3 of 7
StephenB
Guru

TonVH wrote:
For starters I have switched the GUI to English instead of localized.

My problem starts because I fail to see the interaction between "Services -> HTTP" and "Shares -> HTTP". Somehow these interaffect each other and I fail to see how. In the manual I can find them both but not much real explaining there.

Can you direct me to some "HowTo" on this subject?
You need http enabled under services, otherwise you can't use it for any share. This is consistent with the other protocols.

I suspect you will not want to use the share redirection, but if you did use it you would want to enable login authentication.

The rest of the permissions would be set up under shares (since they can vary from share to share).
Message 4 of 7
OOM-9
NETGEAR Expert

Here is a general HowTo on the subject:
http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12255

You will need check the box on step 3 to set the security settings for the HTTP.
Message 5 of 7
TonVH1
Aspirant

Apparently it is impossible to set allowance to certain groups and users? Because if I enter them both then after 'apply' the groups has disappeared.
Message 6 of 7
OOM-9
NETGEAR Expert

@TonVH, it does seem like you are on to something... I have ran a few tests to get the Groups and Users on the same share, and they are not working well with the same configuration.

I would suggest opening a ticket and posting the case number, so we are able to trace this bug.
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements