× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Webserver access issues

SharonD214
Aspirant

Webserver access issues

The IP Address on my Ready NAS NV+ changed after expanding the storage and rebooting and not I can't get to all the pages hosted on my webserver anymore. It keeps trying to go to the old ip address on some of the urls. Any ideas?

Thanks
Sharon
Message 1 of 9
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Have you considered assigning a static I.P. address to your NAS using the settings in your router?
Message 2 of 9
SharonD214
Aspirant

Will that solve my issue that I'm having or just prevent it from happening again?
Sharon
Message 3 of 9
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Well it should stop the I.P. from changing in future.
Message 4 of 9
SharonD214
Aspirant

Can I set the static ip address to the current address it has?
Thanks
Sharon
Message 5 of 9
StephenB
Guru

SharonD214 wrote:
Can I set the static ip address to the current address it has?
Thanks
Sharon
It's much better to reserve the address for the NAS in the router. In that scenario, you can leave it the same. What router model do you have?

But if you assign as static address via the NAS admin page, you need to (a) look at the range of automatic addresses the router is using (and possibly reduce it), and (b) assign an address in the right address space that isn't used for dhcp. For instance, if the base IP address range is 192.168.1.x and DHCP is set up to allocate 32 addresses, starting from 192.168.1.2, then you'd want to assign static addresses between 192.168.1.34 and 192.168.1.254.
Message 6 of 9
SharonD214
Aspirant

I have an Actiontec MI424WR from Verizon FIOS. Any idea how to get the web pages to stop looking for the old ip address? It must be stored somewhere but I don't see it in any of the php files. There must be somewhere that localhost is set, I just can't seem to find it.
Message 7 of 9
StephenB
Guru

On my Actiontec, I select "advanced" and then "DNS Server" Enter the host name of the NAS and the desired IP address.
Message 8 of 9
SharonD214
Aspirant

Thanks Stephen, I just looked an it's already in the list, And I figured out the problem I was having. One of my php files still did have a pointer to the old ip address 😞
Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements