× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: X600 Long time booting - wrong IP Address

wytco01
Aspirant

X600 Long time booting - wrong IP Address

I have just moved my old X600 to a new house and I am trying to boot it, ts showing a blinking blue light and disk 1 sometime flickers as well however after several hours it hasn't completed booting.

Raidar is showing it as booting with a blue light on the far left, I also notice that Raidar is reporting that the IP Address ia 10.0.0.5 which was probably the network at the old location however the new one is different. Is this IO address stopping the unit from booting? is there any way of changing the IP address in the X600 without reconfiguring the new network? Its a long while since I did any management of the X600 and I cant remember much about it.
Message 1 of 9
wytco01
Aspirant

Any ideas on this I am stuck and I would like to get the NAS to boot.
Message 2 of 9
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Try an OS Re-install
Message 3 of 9
wytco01
Aspirant

mdgm wrote:
Try an OS Re-install

OK More than happy to try that however its a long while since I have done anything to this NAS and its very old, I dont have any disks or instructions.

I have done a quick search and I cant find a copy of RIADiator or instructions for the X600.

Can someone give me some basic pointers of how to reinstall the OS, including what software and where I can find it.

Thanks
Message 4 of 9
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Which model do you have? An X6 or a 600. Either way the boot menu instructions are in the FAQ
Message 5 of 9
wytco01
Aspirant

Well I am pretty sure its an X600 but it doesn't say on it.

Right I have reinstalled the OS I think, I am not certain as RAIDar is still reporting the old IP address.

I saw some disk activity then RAIDar reported file check then booting but now I am seeing leds 3 & 4 as solid amber and the on/off led flashing blue. I think there is some disk activity going on.

It keeps dropping of RAIDar then coming back and showing as booting.

I wonder if this is terminal as I cant find that led pattern in the FAQ so I am not sure what it means.
Message 6 of 9
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Message 7 of 9
wytco01
Aspirant

Well mine is showing 2 fixed ambers and that chart has no amers on it, If the colours in that chart are wrong then maybe its saying its a memory error.
Message 8 of 9
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Amber lights may suggest bad disks. Could you hook the drives up to an internal SATA port in your PC and check them? See http://www.readynas.com/kb/faq/hardware/how_can_i_verify_that_my_disk_is_bad
Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements