× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: can not install Radiator 5.3.13

KlausKolb
Aspirant

can not install Radiator 5.3.13

Dear all,

I have a new PC Windows 10, 64bit.

I have downloaded the Radiator 5.3.13 from Netgear site.

Unpacked into the downloadfolder, but I dont know how to install it.

I have no access to the nas because I cant see the device.

best regards Klaus

p.s. I was here with this problem a few months before but I could not go on with this topic this time.

Now I have to solve it , I hope with your help.

Model: RND2000v2|ReadyNAS Duo v2 Chassis only
Message 1 of 16

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

@KlausKolb wrote:

Only one thing is missing, the RAIDar.

With the dashboard I can manage the NAS, but to manage the files is slowly and not comfortable.

So for the aranging the files I need the RAIDar.

RAIDar gives you some management info, but it does not help you manage your files.  You can install RAIDar from here: https://kb.netgear.com/20684/ReadyNAS-Downloads#raidar

The new version is easier to install, so I'd go with that.  The only thing missing is the ability to switch from XRAID to FlexRAID.

To manage the files it is best to access the NAS with File Explorer.  A couple of tips:

• Make sure the CIFS/SMB 1 client is enabled (use "turn windows features on or off")
  • Access the NAS by entering \\nas-ip-address in the file address bar (using the correct slash, and of course substituting the actuall IP address).

On this second tip:  often the NAS won't appear in the File Explorer network list.  Using the method above works around that problem.

View solution in original post

Message 16 of 16

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

5.3.13 is firmware for your NAS.  You need access to your NAS in order to install it.

What happens if you browse to https://nas-ip-address/admin in your PC browser? (using the real IP address of course)

Have you tried installing RAIDar on the PC, and see if it can find your NAS?  https://kb.netgear.com/20684/ReadyNAS-Downloads#raidar

Message 2 of 16
KlausKolb
Aspirant

Hello Steven, it seems that I can not open the file because it has a .13 ending. Unfortunately I couldnt find any possibility to download the IBM voice type which is able to open the .13 file.

Do you know any solution for that?

br KLaus

Message 3 of 16
KlausKolb
Aspirant

Hello Steven , yes with the Raidar 6.5 i can see the device, but surely it does not work proper because the DUO is to old.

Message 4 of 16
Sandshark
Sensei

If you have an original Duo, which we refer to here as a "V1", then that firmware is not for your NAS.  You have selected that you have a "Duo V2", but there can be some confusion on that because of inconsistent marking by Netgear.  If your NAS says "Duo V2" on the front, then it is a V2.  If it just says "Duo", it's a V1.  Ignore anything on any stickers, as those revisions refer to insignificant board differences where the "real V2" is a total re-design.

If you do have a V2 and still need assistance finding where in the admin UI to update the firmware, let us know.

Message 5 of 16
StephenB
Guru

@KlausKolb wrote:

yes with the Raidar 6.5 i can see the device,

Please post a screenshot of the RAIDar 6.5 screen. 

@KlausKolb wrote:

it seems that I can not open the file because it has a .13 ending. 

Let me try again....

The package you downloaded is NOT installed on the PC, and NOT opened in the PC.  It is a firmware update for the NAS - and is uploaded through the NAS web ui.

As @Sandshark says, one thing we need to confirm is whether this firmware is compatible with your NAS. We also need to sort out why you aren't able to access the NAS.  The RAIDar screenshot should help answer both questions.

Message 6 of 16
KlausKolb
Aspirant

Hello all, attached the screenshot fro the raidar

br Klaus

Message 7 of 16
StephenB
Guru

Thanks. You definitely have the v2 platform.

What happens if you browse to http://192.168.3.11/admin ?

Also, do you have any data on the NAS that you care about?

Message 8 of 16
KlausKolb
Aspirant

Hello Stephen, there comes a warning "unsecure website", but I went through but I could not reach the DUO. 

What about theese .13 File which I can not open.

There is no link on the Netgear site, at IBM  I could not find. 

Message 9 of 16
StephenB
Guru

@KlausKolb wrote:

What about theese .13 File which I can not open.

Third time:  you don't open it.  After you access the NAS, you can select it from the web ui, and upload it to the NAS (which will then update the firmware).  Though the NAS might also be able to get the update directly over the internet.

@KlausKolb wrote:

Hello Stephen, there comes a warning "unsecure website", but I went through but I could not reach the DUO. 

You do need to click through the warning.  After that, there should be a pop-up where you enter the username (admin) and the NAS admin password. 

Did you see that popup?  If not, try disabling pop-ups in the browser, and also disable any internet security software that is running (Kapersky, Avast, Norton, etc).

Message 10 of 16
KlausKolb
Aspirant

Hallo,

I can reach the NAS through the dashboard by using the IP adress. pic below.

I have still no access to the datas.

What I want to do in general:

I took all my datas by my old pc and an old diskdrive to my new pc.

I arranged it there with different partitions and want to save it now back to the NAS.

But before I do that I want to clean the NAS what means delete all what is now on it (RAID 1), new formatting?

Until now I still have no icon on the pc for the radiator.

What shall be my next step?

many thanx in advance

Klaus

Message 11 of 16
StephenB
Guru

@KlausKolb wrote:

I can reach the NAS through the dashboard by using the IP adress. pic below.

Great!  To answer your starting question, you can update the firmware using the dashboard.  Details are on page 64 of the user guide: https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/READYNAS%20ARM-PLATFORM%20(DUO%20V2,%20NV+%20V2)/RAIDiat...

@KlausKolb wrote:

I have still no access to the datas.

Your NAS uses an outdated version of the SMB file sharing protocol.  What you need to do here is enable the SMB 1.0 client on the Windows PC.  

1. Go into "Turn Windows Feature On or Off" (enter that in the windows search bar - it's in the control panel).
  2. Scroll down to "SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support", and expand it.
  3. Check the "SMB 1.0/CIFS Client"
  4. Click "OK"

You will get a security warning from Windows which you have to ignore.

After that, enter \\192.168.3.11 in the file explorer address bar. That should give you the shared folders on the NAS.

Be careful to enter the correct slash (\).  If you use the wrong slash, it will open your browser, which is not what you want.  

@KlausKolb wrote:

I arranged it there with different partitions and want to save it now back to the NAS.

But before I do that I want to clean the NAS what means delete all what is now on it (RAID 1), new formatting?

If you want to rebuild the NAS, then you need to use the boot menu of the NAS to do a factory default.  Instructions are on page 16 of the hardware manual: https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RND2110/ReadyNAS_Duov2_NV+v2_HW_en_23-Mar-12.pdf

But you don't really need to do that.  Once you have access to the data, you can delete any files on the NAS shares via Windows. 

Or you can delete and recreate NAS shares from the dashboard - which will remove the old files. Instructions are found in the chapter on shares in user manual (page 30).

Message 12 of 16
KlausKolb
Aspirant

Hello Stephen,

in the nas is now 5.3.13.

I want to change the Raid2 to RAID1.

I started now a few times from the dash board and also as a hardware start from the NAS.

But I never came to the screen where I can choose the RAID level.

Also after a short time the icon of the NAS has left the list of drives.

There is only an icon under networks but with this I can reach the NAS only by the dashboard.

I want that the NAS runs under RAID1 but I dont know how

beswt regards KLaus

Message 13 of 16
StephenB
Guru

@KlausKolb wrote:

in the nas is now 5.3.13.

I want to change the Raid2 to RAID1.

You are confused on what you are seeing - no ReadyNAS uses RAID2.

Per your dashboard screenshot: your NAS is using the default XRAID2 - which in a Duo v2 is really RAID-1.  XRAID2 is built on top of standard RAID - it just automates expansion to make things easier..  So there is nothing that you need to change.

FWIW, RAID-2 hasn't been used by anyone for a really long time

Message 14 of 16
KlausKolb
Aspirant

Hello Stephen,

thanks, i made a backup of my laptop.

With the dashboard I can manage the NAS, but to manage the files is slowly and not comfortable.

Sometimes its there sometimes not.

Is it not possible to install it fix on the PC?

And wich Raidar is needed fpor this old NAS?

best regards from Germany, Klaus

Message 15 of 16
StephenB
Guru

@KlausKolb wrote:

RAIDar gives you some management info, but it does not help you manage your files.  You can install RAIDar from here: https://kb.netgear.com/20684/ReadyNAS-Downloads#raidar

The new version is easier to install, so I'd go with that.  The only thing missing is the ability to switch from XRAID to FlexRAID.

To manage the files it is best to access the NAS with File Explorer.  A couple of tips:

• Make sure the CIFS/SMB 1 client is enabled (use "turn windows features on or off")
  • Access the NAS by entering \\nas-ip-address in the file address bar (using the correct slash, and of course substituting the actuall IP address).

On this second tip:  often the NAS won't appear in the File Explorer network list.  Using the method above works around that problem.

Message 16 of 16
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 8 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements