× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: nobody nogroup

sjh666
Aspirant

nobody nogroup

Please supply fix for share issue in upgrade 4.1.9
All shares are now owned by NOBODY and all groups are now NOGROUP

FIX ASAP
please
Message 1 of 6
ahpsi1
Tutor

Message 2 of 6
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Yes, update to the beta firmware, then use the Advanced Options tab to fix the ownership. There are lots of threads on this already.
Message 3 of 6
sjh666
Aspirant

Thanks for info i will try it.
"There are lots of thread already" ?? Strange, because searching on the site did not return anything other than options to install remote admin access and work with netgear support.
Access to devices on loval networks will not happen so i needed other options. I must have missed lots of related threads.....
What should i have done to find them??
Message 4 of 6
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Well there are several threads (I know as I've posted in most of them). You can use the forum search or use Google. Sometimes one is better than the other for finding threads.

After downgrading to 4.1.8 or updating to 4.1.10 beta in Frontview go to Shares > Share Listing > Sharename > CIFS, click on Advanced Options tab, choose owner and group, check "Set ownership and permission..." and click apply.

On 4.1.9 the ownership will be reset every reboot so you do need to move off 4.1.9 firmware for the fix to work.
Message 5 of 6
StephenB
Guru

sjh666 wrote:
Thanks for info i will try it.
"There are lots of thread already" ?? Strange, because searching on the site did not return anything other than options to install remote admin access and work with netgear support.
Access to devices on loval networks will not happen so i needed other options. I must have missed lots of related threads.....
What should i have done to find them??
Googling with 4.1.9 permissions site:readynas.com returns 712 hits at the moment.
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements