× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: "Your netgear storage is not accessible from this computer"

Solskenscyklist
Follower

"Your netgear storage is not accessible from this computer"

Since I tried to install my NAS for the first time, I've been unable to set it up fully. 

RAIDar does identify the NAS, the number of discs, name, IP adress. However, it can't connect to the storage itself.

I have seen a few other topics on this issue, but was'nt able to get it to working order despite these instructions (as I had difficulties understanding them at times).

One action I've carried out is adding the IP adress of the NAS into the Credential Manager, but to no avail.

These are some screenshots that I think will provide the necessary details: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ObWyp_iHtpvxZafgzQhkucnOMeWuqjUx?usp=sharing

Thanks in advance!

Model: ReadyNAS-NV+|ReadyNAS NV+
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Solskenscyklist,

Welcome to the Community!

You are not able to access the NAS because its IP address, 192.168.0.54, is not on the range of your local network, which is 192.168.1.x. Did you assign a static IP address on the NAS during the initial set-up?

One thing you can do is try accessing the boot menu then select the OS reinstall (Be careful not to do the factory reset). This will set the NAS to get an IP address automatically from the router and it will also set the password back to default, which is netgear1. You may check this article for the steps on how to access the boot menu and then select the OS reinstall.

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Solskenscyklist,

Welcome to the Community!

You are not able to access the NAS because its IP address, 192.168.0.54, is not on the range of your local network, which is 192.168.1.x. Did you assign a static IP address on the NAS during the initial set-up?

One thing you can do is try accessing the boot menu then select the OS reinstall (Be careful not to do the factory reset). This will set the NAS to get an IP address automatically from the router and it will also set the password back to default, which is netgear1. You may check this article for the steps on how to access the boot menu and then select the OS reinstall.

Regards,

Message 2 of 3
StephenB
Guru

@JohnCM_S wrote:

You are not able to access the NAS because its IP address, 192.168.0.54, is not on the range of your local network, which is 192.168.1.x.

@Solskenscyklist: This is definitely the first thing to fix.  You have some other credentials stored for 169.x and 192.168.0.x - you should delete those, as they also aren't on your network.  I suggest leaving the NAS set up to use DHCP.  If you want a fixed address, look into your router manual.  Almost all have a way of reserving an IP address for the NAS - assigning it the same address all the time.  That's a better approach than assigning a static address in the NAS itself.

Another aspect is that your legacy NAS only supports SMB 1.0 - which Microsoft is deprecating.  If you are using Windows 10, then you also need to make sure the SMB 1.0 client is installed on the PC.  Go into "turn windows features on or off" to do that.

BTW, I see that you uploaded a Readycloud screen shot.  ReadyCloud requires a new OS-6 NAS.  You won't be able to use it with your 4.1.x NAS.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements