× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

readynas duo FTP issues

hambo1
Aspirant

readynas duo FTP issues

Hi All,
My last gasp, please help.
I cannot access my readynas duo outside of my network with readynas remote iphone/android

I have tried so far
1. All software on latest versions
2. All instructions for remote followed to the letter(several times)
3. reinstaleed remote in frontview, toggled ftp on/off, restarted nas,router app etc reinstalled 4.1.8
4. added users to readynas remote in frontview (tried my own and friends) several times on/off
5. replaced router and opened ports
6 plugged in my friends house to replace his working unit - see below
now the tricky parts

I installed a new readynas duo in my friends house, same internet provider, router etc. set his masquerade name to his name, allowed both of us access in readynas remote. we can both access his nas through iphone and android outside home network - no issues
I unplugged his nas unit and plugged my own duo in. exactly the same setup - cannot acces through iphone or android.
A slight differnce is my masquerade name showing in app was (e.g.)nas -ooooo-ooo-o) the same as my masquerade as was set to. I went back into wizard mode and changed my masquerade as to my name but it still shows up on iphone app as nas -oooooo-oo and not my name. The name has changed when my laptop can see shares and on my ps3 etc plugplayer stil shows nas 000000 -00 but media link on iphone shows my name.

When we both try to access it states please make sure you have ftp enabled in nas blah blah, but interestingly if my nas is switched off it states no connection. It seems to know if it is on or off.

I can access through remote on my laptop when in network, not tried outside network as it is my phone i want to work.
If i tried a factory reset of unit it will wipe 350 gb of my data so not sure how to make sure that does not happen

any help greatly appreciated
Message 1 of 4
toadwon
Aspirant

Re: readynas duo FTP issues

Did you ever get resolution to this? My remote app is connecting and points it out; however, it never displays the readynas server on my phone. If I cannot get this connected to my iPhone or iPad the device is essentially useless. It's no more than a very overpriced external hard drive at that point.
Message 2 of 4
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Is this the v2? If so you need the add-on mentioned in the 5.3.3 Release Notes (http://www.readynas.com/RAIDiator_arm_5_3_3_Notes) as well as ReadyNAS Remote.
Message 3 of 4
Martin4x4
Aspirant

I have found the above posts helpful and managed to get my iPhone 4s to connect to my ReadyNAS duo v2, and also with a laptop.

The problem I now have with my iPhone after installing the add-in (gave error message failed to install but it was!) but when I connect to the NAS and log-on the shares are very odd to say the least! Bin, boot, C (which has my shares in it - so that's okay) dev, Documents, etc, frontview, home, initrd, lib, lost+found, MJS_Documents (same file that is in the C folder but 0 KB), mnt, opt,proc and more. Where do these come from?

Duo V2
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements