× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: some files/folders not visable to all devices

adambuzza
Aspirant

some files/folders not visable to all devices

Shifting files & folders to different folders on the same share with windows - seems to actually drag the files from the drive and recopy them back, rather than letting the NAS OS do it. But doing the same thing with a Mac, the speed clearly is just doing it on the NAS.
I wanted to change the folder structure. This was done with the Mac becuase of the speed. On the Mac and PC the new folder structure is visable, and files work, on some of the network devices, they don't see the new (or old) structure. The devices tried have been media players, a WDTV, and a sony Blu Ray player, both have the issue. Anyone know what is going on?
Message 1 of 5
StephenB
Guru

Are the media players using DLNA to access the media, or are they set up to access the shares directly with CIFS?
Message 2 of 5
adambuzza
Aspirant

i know that the sony blu ray player uses dlna, but unsure how the wd works.
Message 3 of 5
adambuzza
Aspirant

i used frontview backup to make a copy of one of the folders that is not showing last night, thinking that if i got the NAS to do it, it might work. I hit re-scan media files on the readyDLNA box. I was very suprised that this folder and its contents is also not visable.
Message 4 of 5
fdullemond
Aspirant

Hi Adambuzza,

The WD only supports two methods of accessing your files on the NAS:

1) DLNA
2) CIFS (network shares)

Now it depends on which way you choose when playing the media.... If you choose NETWORK SHARE you are using CIFS...
Try either methods and let us know...

Two things to make sure when rearranging:

1) Is the new destination part of the directory structure DLNA server is serving or not ?
2) Are the file permissions (assuming MAC connects with NFS) when moving the files around still ok so the ready dlna server can scan the content of the moved files ?
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements