× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't Update Readynas Pro

rantech
Aspirant

Can't Update Readynas Pro

Have a ReadyNAS Pro with firmware 4.2.15. The update page indicates the latest update is 4.2.20 (April 4th, 2012) but every time I try to do this update, I get a message "Error encountered uploading update image".

I have a ReadyNAS NV+ and a ReadyNAS NVX, both of which I have updated recently with no problems (to versions 4.1.12 and 4.2.24 respectively), but I just can't get the update to work on the Pro. I've tried a number of times over the past year to do this update and tried again twice today with no luck.
Message 1 of 3
rantech
Aspirant

Re: Can't Update Readynas Pro

Strange ... when I go to download the update manually, it reports the latest version as 4.2.25 whereas the remote update reports the latest update as 4.2.20 ??

Also, I'm unable to download manually, clicking the link doesn't do anything on one computer and then pops up a registration page on another computer but the registration page keeps recycling and I can't actually complete it. Trying t download without registering generates the message "Sorry, we could not find the page you requested" ?
Message 2 of 3
StephenB
Guru

Re: Can't Update Readynas Pro

The latest update is 4.2.25, and you can download the image from here: http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/24238/
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements