× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

New ReadyNAS 428 active directory issues and terrible performance

as12345
Aspirant

New ReadyNAS 428 active directory issues and terrible performance

I am setting up a new readynas 428... still on my bench. Latest 6.9.4 hotfix 1 FW.

I was able to bind it to active directory with no problems. created a few shares and set the permissions. All looks good. Started restoring data from tape backup. all was going well, performance was as expected.

Over the next 12 hours or so, the permissions started to fall off my shares (some of the groups with either R or RW permissions simply disappeard from the shares) and Administrator was added to all of them - with no intervention from me.

Performance also has fallen off the cliff. I have only restored a few hundred GB, although there are a few million files.

Not sure where to go from there, but if this new unit doesn't start performing it will have to go back. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 3
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: New ReadyNAS 428 active directory issues and terrible performance

Hi @as12345

Welcome to the Community!

If you are restoring your files using SMB, you may want to try and update to OS 6.9.5 Beta 1. It fixes issues with SMB connections that might be encountered on 6.9.4

Hope this helps!

Regards

Message 2 of 3
as12345
Aspirant

Re: New ReadyNAS 428 active directory issues and terrible performance

@Marc_V It did finally stabilized after a multi day resync....Working fine now, up for 11 days with no issue.

What I do find sh***y is that no one ever called me after I opened a phone support ticket with netgear. Brand new system. Zero support. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements