× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS LED patterns

mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNAS LED patterns

That message indicates you booted it into tech support mode: http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/24874
Message 51 of 61
cpu8088
Virtuoso

hi

i have a 312 that cannot operate now

it was running ok and then the 2 hard disks stopped with 2 lights on, namely the power and disk 1.

so i tried to do factory reset but the hard disks not spinning, fan is on and the unit just freeze with power light on and disk 1 led on only. that has been done many times. same result the unit just does not boot up.

took out the 2 hard disks and checked, put them into my old trusty duo v2 and factory reset, installed and running ok. so the hard disks are functional.

is the 312 dead with hardware malfunction? or firmware corrupt? it has 6.2.0 installed.
Message 52 of 61
StephenB
Guru

Maybe try unformatting one of the hard drives, and inserting it by itself (first in slot 1 and then in slot 2) and see if it will boot/install.
Message 53 of 61
cpu8088
Virtuoso

tried that with an un formatted hard disk in slot 1. still no boot up, cannot access boot menu, hard disk not active.

same light showing, namely the power button and disk 1.
Message 54 of 61
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Sounds like hardware failure.

When did you update to 6.2.0?

If you boot it with no disks installed, does it come up in RAIDar with "No Disks Detected" in the Info (far right) column?
Message 55 of 61
cpu8088
Virtuoso

installed 6.2.0 beta few weeks back and the full version 6.2.0 few days ago

it was running ok with 6.2.0

tried with no disk and raidar. raidar shows nothing.

ethernet network connection is present as my switch showing correct lights.
Message 56 of 61
StephenB
Guru

Did you contact support? The RN312 warranty is 5 years.
Message 57 of 61
cpu8088
Virtuoso

yes thanks

already obtained rma confirmation via email.

will send over the faulty unit next week and be replaced by a working one.

the support was helpful and quick in response.
Message 58 of 61
cpu8088
Virtuoso

just an update

i sent over the faulty 312 to netgear po box at silverwater last monday and opted for standard delivery back to me.

this morning (monday) already received a working unit via courier. now upgraded firmware to 6.2.1 RC1 and reinstalling data.

great service netgear.
Message 59 of 61
Ericdew
Aspirant

Hello everybody,

I have a strange led pattern on my NV+

I will try to explain as clearly as possible.
If I don't mention a light, it means it is off.

When I power the nas I have in sequence:
1. Blue power light blinking quickly few times - LCD "Booting... please wait"
2. Act start to illuminate few times - LCD "Booting..."
3. led 1 blinking - led 2 steady - led 3 steady - led 4 steady - blue power light pulsating - LCD "Booting..."

Raidar is showing first column a blue dot, and all green dot (except for ASI that I don't have) and info "Booting"

It stayed days like this without any indications on Act led.

I tried to reinstall OS, usb, ftp, swap disks with a new one

I don't know what to do anymore because I don't know what means this pattern.

Who knows ?
Thank you so much for any help.
Message 60 of 61
Ericdew
Aspirant

Strange ... Is it always like that ?
I was looking for weeks to a solution and few hours after having posted my first SOS message, I found the solution.
---
I read once more messages in forums about booting problems, and I found that small info that changed everything ...
- When you do an USB restore, try to do it with the same OS version. If not, IMMEDIATELY after the USB restore is finished (when the Nas is Off but the LCD is still showing correct USB image found), do an OS reinstall via the Reset switch.

My NAS reborn and (as I suspected) told me via the LCD screen "Disk1 failed" and an orange dot appear on Raidar.
I hot swaped the Disk1 with a spare, and the NAS is rebuilding it.

It's taking about 10 h to synchronize 1,2 TB data's with the new disk (2 Tb but only 1 Tb usable for the moment).

Thanks anyway for reading my post and for your private messages.
Message 61 of 61
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements