× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: mv_xor_status+88

kohdee
NETGEAR Expert

@Venkman wrote:

Hello everyone,

I'm in France, and found the same problem when adding a 4th disk on my 104.

So I extracted the new disk and reboot the system,  but the GUI  is saying now that " data are dammaged".

The only solution I found is to upgrade my 104 with a Beta FW, underlining that the use of this will automatically end the waranty.

Does someone have any other solution?

Any risk for my data on the NAS (still available)?

Thank you for your support, as I didn't see any comment or support from Netgear on this topic.

Best regards. Ralph

Data are damaged? I haven't seen that one before. 

Our response regarding this error was releasing the beta firmware 6.5.2 beta 1. 

The possibility that your data is there is high. Getting it accessible could be another story.

Please place your device in tech support mode or secure diagnostics mode and private message me your 5 digit port number and I will review your system's current state. 

[edit] I didn't see there was a whole other page of comments. Oops 😛  Degraded would be the case if you had a missing disk, though. [/edit]

Message 76 of 80
StephenB
Guru

@kohdee wrote:

Data are damaged? I haven't seen that one before. 

The volume is degraded.

Message 77 of 80
tfs8271
Aspirant

Okay... My system read data Degraded but eventually everything cleared up. Literally when resyncing it wasn't until it hit 100% and sort of rebooted did it act normal. This takes days, be patient. Try all steps on page 6 and do them over and again. Have all four drives in the NAS! I kept taking my 4th drive out and it kept crashing.

PATIENCE

Message 78 of 80
Venkman
Aspirant

Hi There, and really thank you for all your kind answers and support.

So:

- I extracted the 4th disk (before completion of volume expension, as I had the famous error "mv_xor_status+88")

- I upgrade my NAS with the new Beta firmware 6.5.2.T486

- After reboot, strangely it showed "Degraded", but the volume has been expanded

- I re- inserted the 4th disk

- Volume re-syncing (still 40 hours to go), and no more freeze or mv_xor* message for the time being.

I will keep you informed at the end of the process.

Best regards.

Message 79 of 80
Venkman
Aspirant

Hello!

After 50 hours of resynch, my RN104 is now redundant (Using X-Raid).

Do the procedure of upgrading the RN1004 firmware with 6.5.2 T486 fixed the bug.

Just for your information.

Thanks again for your support.

Best regards.

Message 80 of 80
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 79 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 14 in conversation
Announcements