× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

After a power outage, i can't reconnect Nighthawk x6s to router

PeterBarber
Aspirant

After a power outage, i can't reconnect Nighthawk x6s to router

After a brief power outage, I'm unable to reconnect to my router. I have tried both the WPS buttons and using the Nighthawk app. When I try to select nighthawk in my connections, it either says can't authenticate or can't find IP address. I have done a factory reset. It was working great before the power outage.
Model: EX8000|AC3000 Nighthawk X6S Tri Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 1 of 6
PeterBarber
Aspirant

Re: After a power outage, i can't reconnect Nighthawk x6s to router

I have managed to sort out the problem simply by using the app on my laptop rather than my phone.
Message 2 of 6
plemans
Guru

have you tried hardwiring into it and using the installation assistant? 

If you do, shut off the wifi on the device you hardwire in so it doesn't default back to wireless. 

Also, try the factory reset again. Push and hold reset for 7-15 seconds while powered on. 

If it doesn't work, where does it fail? 

What are the leds on it doing? 

Message 3 of 6
PeterBarber
Aspirant

Thank you for getting back to me, but I solved the issue by using the netgear app on my laptop instead of my phone.
Message 4 of 6
CBmike
Aspirant

Old Arlo/netgear..have not been able to have base unit recognized

Netgear Base Station mac Number B03956F6FF23 . I can not get my base station to be recognized on my computor anymore..

I am trying to do a reinstall but Netgear is telling me that I have an incorrect model number.

This is an older system when it ewas Arlo/Netgear and it always worked fine. My wife has her arlo system and it is wroking great.

I am not very computor savey which does not help.

Any and all info will be apprecated..

Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: Old Arlo/netgear..have not been able to have base unit recognized

@CBmike wrote:

Netgear Base Station mac Number B03956F6FF23 . I can not get my base station to be recognized on my computor anymore..

I am trying to do a reinstall but Netgear is telling me that I have an incorrect model number.

This is an older system when it ewas Arlo/Netgear and it always worked fine. My wife has her arlo system and it is wroking great.

I am not very computor savey which does not help.

Any and all info will be apprecated..

What I'd recommend is starting your own thread. 

Include proper model numbers for your devices, what you've tried, what errors your getting, and maybe then we can help fix it for you. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7