× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Best wired access point

dt95
Aspirant

Best wired access point

I am setting up a new network in a home fully wired with Cat 6.  I will be using a Netgear C7000-100NAS as the cable modem and wifi.  However, the signal on the other side of the house is not as strong as I would like.  I would like to find an access point to plug into the wired network on the other side of the house to provide strong comprehensive coverage, including the pool/patio area.  All I can find are Netgear's prosafe line of APs, which are business class and probably overkill for me.  Does any one have any suggestions?  Other brands I should consider?  Thanks.

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
TheEther
Guru

A Netgear range extender can function as an AP.  Pick one that will suit the needs of your Wi-Fi clients.

http://www.netgear.com/home/products/networking/wifi-range-extenders/

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
TheEther
Guru

A Netgear range extender can function as an AP.  Pick one that will suit the needs of your Wi-Fi clients.

http://www.netgear.com/home/products/networking/wifi-range-extenders/

Message 2 of 5
dt95
Aspirant

I want one that is hard wired into my network to improve reliability.  I do not want an extender that connects wirelessly to my network.    I don't see any Netgear home products that do this.  Only business products.  

Other suggestions?

Message 3 of 5
TheEther
Guru

Netgear's extenders can be hard wired into the network as an AP.  Look at pages 18-19, for example, in the EX7000 manual.

Message 4 of 5
dt95
Aspirant

Thank you.  Got it.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements