× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX2700 Device Connection

SnapperStephen
Initiate

EX2700 Device Connection

Hello from the UK.

I have just purchased a wifi extender EX2700. I have got as far as connecting the router which was straightforward enough. My problem is connecting the devices.

It is stated in the hand book and confirmed by the help desk (from which i was cut off) that the password used is the same as the general wifi router.

I have tried to connect a camera and my tablet. The green indicator flashes green as the device tries to connect then goes out and in each case the password is stated as incorrect. How can this be resolved? 

I would appreciate any input. The strange thing is my laptop connected without issue.

Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: EX2700 Device Connection

what router did you connect it to? 
Did you connect it using wps or using the installation assistant? 

Message 2 of 3
SnapperStephen
Initiate

Re: EX2700 Device Connection

Hello and thank you for the response.

I'm connected to a Technicolor router initially via WPS. When that failed i tried the connection assistant. This took some sorting as the site would not launch in Chrome, Edge no problem and registered and set up. The laptop connected to the _EXT no problem with the router password. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7