× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Extender keeps disconnecting mulitple times a day

dliming
Tutor

Extender keeps disconnecting mulitple times a day

I have the EX7000 AC1900 Extender (actually 3 of them at different locations), but one of them stops sending out wifi 3 or 4 times every day.  I have to reboot it (turn off the power to it and turn the power on again) and then it comes up and all devices reconnect to its wifi.  It started about a month ago

What could cause this?  A month before I did update it and completely reset it.  Do they internally turn themselves off each day and them possibly don't come back up?  What should I do to get it to stay up all day?  It is only 6 months old.

Thanks,

Dave

Model: EX7000|AC1900 Nighthawk WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

I think you mean the EX7000?  The A7000 is a wireless usb. 

Question about your setup. Is it not broadcasting or is it just give you "no internet connection"? A way to check would be to hardwire a pc/laptop to it and when the issue happens, log into the extender and see check it to see where the problem is. 

many times when you're running multiple extenders, they can start connecting to each other and not to the primary hub and this can cause issues. 

Are you using seperate ssid's for each extender or running the same ssid for all? 

Message 2 of 5
dliming
Tutor

Sorry, yes EX7000

Message 3 of 5
dliming
Tutor

As mentioned, the other two are in completely different locations.

Message 4 of 5
plemans
Guru

Different locations as in different homes and not connecting to the same router? Sorry, didn't initially read it like that. 

You can still kind of use the same diagnostics to help with this one. Log into it via the ethernet port. Then you'll be able to look at the settings to see if you've stopped connecting back to the router, if its stopped broadcasting, or if it just plain isn't working. 

You can always try reinstalling the firmware and resetting the device. it wouldn't be the first time that firmware has gotten corrupted and caused an issue. Reason why I say reinstall is that if you only factory reset it, that only removes the settings, it doesn't reinstall the firmware. And if its corrupt a reinstall can sometimes fix the issue. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series