× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netflix not streaming

thesieger
Aspirant

Netflix not streaming

Hello. I installed the extender. All works fine besides Netflix streaming. I can get I to Netflix but streaming does not work. It times out. I tried to only enable the 5 Band or also with or without the same name. The problem persist. What can I do? The streaming works on the base station WIFI. Thank you in advance. P.S. I am on the newest firmware.

Model: EX7500|AC3000 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 14
jvasanth1984
Virtuoso

Hi @thesieger,

Try to modify wireless channel on your main router since that may impact signal which you get from your extender.

Message 2 of 14
thesieger
Aspirant

Thank you. I tried already. No impact.
Message 3 of 14
jvasanth1984
Virtuoso

Hi @thesieger,

What is the speed which you get from main router at the place where extender is and what speed do you get on the device from which you are trying to access Netflix?

Message 4 of 14
thesieger
Aspirant

Hello. The connection speed is 270 from the router to the extender and then up to 400 to the end device.

Directly to the router with the end device 105, then connected to the extender 90 mb.
Message 5 of 14
jvasanth1984
Virtuoso

Hi @thesieger,

Speed via extender looks fine compared to router. So you shouldn't face issues while streaming Netflix. May I know from what device are you trying to stream Netflix? What is you try from a different device just to find out where issue could be?

Message 6 of 14
thesieger
Aspirant

Hi. I use all my IOS devices at newest software versions. my Windows 10 laptop does also not stream when connected to the extender.
Message 7 of 14
jvasanth1984
Virtuoso

Hi @thesieger,

Try reset and reconfiguring the extender to check if your issue persist.

Message 8 of 14
thesieger
Aspirant

Already done twice.

Message 9 of 14
jvasanth1984
Virtuoso

Hi @thesieger,

Try modifying wireless channels on both bands on your main router to check if that helps. You can try wifi analyzer apps which can check and suggest best channel for your environment.

Message 10 of 14
thesieger
Aspirant

This I did all as it is suggested for normal Problem resolution. Do you have experience with EX7500 and streaming problems?
Message 11 of 14
jvasanth1984
Virtuoso

Hi @thesieger,

Never heard any so far. How about if you try to stream anything else like Youtube?

Message 12 of 14
thesieger
Aspirant

YouTube and other streaming services work. It is somewhat a joke that NETGEAR advertises this product with a slogan that Netflix streaming is then available everywhere.
Message 13 of 14
jvasanth1984
Virtuoso

Hi @thesieger,

Please contact Netgear support since this looks odd. It works for others who have the same model.

Message 14 of 14
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series