× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Power Line

Tarq_Sultan
Aspirant

Power Line

What do you recommend me best because I'm considering buying Powerline for my $ 134 budget

Model: A6210|AC1200 High Gain WiFi USB Adapter
Message 1 of 15
plemans
Guru

Well thats a challenging statement. 

You posted in the wireless extender page about powerline devices and didn't post much info. 

What are you trying to do? 

How big is your home? 

what are the interior walls made of? 

What router are you connecting it to? 

Are you just wanting powerline or powerline with wifi?

as well as an FYI, powerline doesn't work great in all homes. Some homes have interference that causes issues with powerline. 

Message 2 of 15
Tarq_Sultan
Aspirant

The house is big, but I want initial coverage that matches my budget, and then we'll continue later
I've researched several technologies, including network technology and electrical current, and since the modem is in my dad's room and refuses to transmit it, I have two options, either Wi-Fi or power line technology, then it turns out that PowerLine is better. Given the strength of insulators, what do you better think

Insulators iron reinforced cement

The Huawei modem is old

I want a Wi-Fi power line because there are mobile phones

Message 3 of 15
plemans
Guru

You could take a look through these rankings and reviews

https://www.smallnetbuilder.com/tools/charts/powerline/view

Message 4 of 15
Tarq_Sultan
Aspirant

I would like Wi-Fi

Message 5 of 15
plemans
Guru

so go to netgears powerline section and check off the "wifi" box and it'll show you those with integrated wireless. 

https://www.netgear.com/home/wired/powerline/

Keep in mind, it won't be mesh as there isn't currently a powerline/mesh device.

You could always use powerline devices as the backhaul connect (not wireless ones) and use a mesh system like orbi if you want a seamless roaming/mesh system. 

Message 6 of 15
Tarq_Sultan
Aspirant

@plemans wrote:

so go to netgears powerline section and check off the "wifi" box and it'll show you those with integrated wireless. 

Keep in mind, it won't be mesh as there isn't currently a powerline/mesh device.

You could always use powerline devices as the backhaul connect (not wireless ones) and use a mesh system like orbi if you want a seamless roaming/mesh system. 

Is there a 2000 Mbps Wi-Fi line that is not available in the store and I want to search for it outside the store?

Model: A6150|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi USB Mini Adapter
Message 7 of 15
Tarq_Sultan
Aspirant

@Tarq_Sultan wrote:

@plemans wrote:

Is there a 2000 Mbps Wi-Fi line that is not available in the store and I want to search for it outside the store?

Please mention the model

Message 8 of 15
plemans
Guru

Not sure what exactly you're asking for here. 

Message 9 of 15
Tarq_Sultan
Aspirant

@plemans wrote:

I would like to know the product model as per the picture

Untitled.png

Message 10 of 15
Tarq_Sultan
Aspirant

@plemans wrote:

I want to buy a Power Line device + Wi-Fi Power Line, and I cannot differentiate between products and I am wrong. Please mention it to me by the model so that I can choose

Message 11 of 15
plemans
Guru

the only wifi kits close are both 1000mbps powerline devices from netgear. 

The PLW1010 and PLW1000

Message 12 of 15
Tarq_Sultan
Aspirant

@plemans wrote:

the only wifi kits close are both 1000mbps powerline devices from netgear. 

The PLW1010 and PLW1000

What is the difference between PLW1010 and PLW1000

Message 13 of 15
plemans
Guru

Hardware wise they're identical. It was for marketing purposes from what I can tell. 

Message 14 of 15
Tarq_Sultan
Aspirant

@plemans wrote:

Hardware wise they're identical. It was for marketing purposes from what I can tell. 

Is the Access Point option better than Powerline for me?

Message 15 of 15
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7