× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Wn2000RPTv3 internet issue

Spacebridge
Aspirant

Wn2000RPTv3 internet issue

Someone help please before I go nuts my extender wn2000rptv3 isn’t working properly I reset the damn thing 10 times and went through the process 10 times and it works normally but when I connect my ps4 (btw it’s been working on my ps4 for almost a year till now) it said error everytime I connect but when I check my extender all green lights on the status it said it’s up and running but no internet I even tried to check firmware update and it keeps saying it’s not connected at all my main router doesn’t even see it on the list of connected devices is there something I’m missing here
Model: WN2000RPTv3|WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 10
StephenB
Guru

The router link LED is green, but you are seeing no internet connection?

Is the extender in AP mode or Extender Mode?

Is the PS4 connected to an extender LAN port, or is it connected to the extender's wifi network?

Message 2 of 10
Spacebridge
Aspirant

All are green it’s in extender mode and the ps4 was always connected wireless to it
Message 3 of 10
StephenB
Guru

• Can you connect a different device to extender wifi, and see if that behaves the same way?
  • Can you run ethernet from the extender to the PS4 (temporarily)?

It's possible the issue is in the PS4, not the extender - the above suggestions would help isolate it.

Message 4 of 10
Spacebridge
Aspirant

I’ve tried that too it’s the extender it’s self my computer doesn’t get internet when it’s connected to it I’ve even tried the eithernet cable on both ps4 and pc and still nothing
Message 5 of 10
StephenB
Guru

Ok.  Have you looked at the extender web page, and double-checked if it is connected to the correct router network?

Message 6 of 10
Spacebridge
Aspirant

Yes I’ve checked that too I’ve factory reset it 10 times last night and still it’s not working at all everything still shows green
Message 7 of 10
StephenB
Guru

@Spacebridge wrote:
Yes I’ve checked that too

Meaning that the web page also said that it was connected to the router?

If so, did you try pinging the router from the PS4 (or a PC)? 

Message 8 of 10
Spacebridge
Aspirant

Yes and yes I tried both and the router works just fine but my extender and website says it’s running but still nothing I tried on another friends internet and it’s doing the same thing there
Message 9 of 10
StephenB
Guru

@Spacebridge wrote:
Yes and yes I tried both 

I don't completely follow your answer.

If the PS4 is connected to the extender and you can ping the router from it, then the internet issue has to be related to access control settings (either in the router or the extender).

If the PS4 is connected to the extender, and you can't ping the router from it, then the issue is either in the extender itself, or is it's connection to the main router.

@Spacebridge wrote:
but still nothing I tried on another friends internet and it’s doing the same thing there

It is possible that it simply failed. One thing you could try as a last resort is a 30-30-30 reset.

• With the unit powered on, press and hold the reset button on back of unit for 30 seconds
  • Without releasing the reset button, unplug the unit and hold reset for another 30 seconds
  • Plug the unit back in STILL holding the reset button a final 30 seconds 
Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series